Nikon Coolpix S6150 Mark Peters : August 31th 2011 - 16:55 CET
Nikon Coolpix S6150 touchscreen camera : Nikon has introduced a new touchscreen camera; Nikon Coolpix S6150. The new Nikon S6150 camera is equipped with a wide-angle 7x optical zoom lens that boasts a 28-196mm zoom, and a 16 megapixel image sensor that delivers digital pictures so pin-sharp that even poster-sized enlargements look sensational. Getting the perfect image could not be easier. Point the Coolpix camera at your subject, and touch the 7.5cm (3-inch) high resolution touchscreen to adjust and focus your picture. For memories that demand more than an image, a dedicated movie-record button makes it easy to instantly switch to filming the action.
Nikon Coolpix S6150 compact camera
The large touchscreen of the Nikon Coolpix S6150 camera lets you scroll through your pictures and select and edit any that you want to get creative with. The Nikon camera includes in-camera picture editing, so you have access to Nikon technologies like Quick Retouch, Active D-Lighting, Soft Focus, and many other creative effects.
Nikon Coolpix photo quality
Beautifully detailed shots are assured thanks to four different anti-blur functions that automatically minimize the effects of camera shake, subject movement or low light. Lens-shift Vibration Reduction is just one of the advanced technologies that ensures superior results, so that even if you’re shooting moving subjects at full zoom, the Nikon Coolpix S6150digital camera will deliver clear, crisp photos every time.
Nikon S6150 test photos
In the mean time Nikon Imaging published some test photos of the Nikon Coolpix S6150 touchscreen camera, so you can check out the image quality yourself. You can download the Nikon Coolpix S6150 sample photo here.
Nikon Coolpix S6150 features
• Sleek and stylish digital camera available in several colors and slim enough to take anywhere.
• 16 megapixel CCD image sensor lets you capture outstandingly detailed photos.
• HD (720p) video recording with perfect stereo sound.
• NIKKOR wide-angle 7x zoom lens offers outstanding precision and sharp resolution.
• Large 7.5cm (3-inch) 460k-dot touch control LCD screen for intuitive, smooth operation.
• Lens-shift Vibration Reduction) reduces the effect of camera shake.
• High ISO up to 3200 reduces the risk of blurred pictures with fast-moving subjects.
• Motion detection compensates for camera and subject movement.
• Best Shot Selector automatically selects the sharpest photo of up to 10 sequential shots.
• EXPEED C2 image processing system provides enhanced movie recording.
• Dedicated movie-record button makes it easy to begin recording the action.
• Nikon Coolpix S6150 camera features a built-in HDMI connector for output to a HD-TV.
• Skin softening adjusts uneven skin tones on people's faces for smoother looking skin.
• In-camera Red-eye Fix corrects false eye color due to flash the instant you take the shot.
• Scene Auto Selector selects the optimum Scene mode for popular photographic situations.
• 19 scene modes automatically optimize settings for photographic styles, effects and locations.
• Subject Tracking AF will keep the camera focused on a subject, even if it is moving around.
• Retouch Menu enables you to edit and enhance photographs in the Nikon camera.
• Smart portrait system: advanced automatic features for perfect portrait photos.
• Smile Timer takes the shot when your chosen subject smiles.
• Blink Proof alerts you when someone had their eyes closed.
Nikon Coolpix S6150 review
As soon as we receive a Nikon Coolpix S6150 test sample, we will publish a picture gallery with high resolution sample photos, followed by an in-depth Nikon Coolpix S6150 review.
Nikon Coolpix S6150 price & availability
The new Nikon S6150 touch screen camera comes in four colors: black, red, pink and violet. The Nikon S6150 will be on sale from 1st September 2011, retail sales price will be revealed later. Besides the S6150, the company also announced other Nikon Coolpix digital cameras to its Autumn 2011 line-up.