Nikon Coolpix S6200 Ilse Jurriën : August 26th 2011 - 17:15 CET
Nikon Coolpix S6200 digital camera : Nikon announces a new Coolpix S-serie digital compact camera. The new Nikon Coolpix S6200 offers a 10x optical zoom lens in a stylish design. The Nikon Coolpix S6200 is a fascinating digital camera that, despite being equipped with a 10x optical zoom Nikkor lens, has a slim, compact and elegant body. In addition to offering excellent basic performance with superior image quality and high-speed response, the Nikon Coolpix S6200 is equipped with four features that enable capture of beautiful nighttime shots; less noise at high sensitivities, Motion detection function, lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function and a flash control system.
Nikon Coolpix S6200 camera
The Nikon Coolpix S6200 camera is also equipped with a hand-held / tripod night landscape detection function that enables the Nikon S6200 to automatically distinguish between hand-held shooting and shooting with the camera mounted on a tripod to provide the optimum response to shooting conditions regardless of lighting levels, making successful capture of blur-free night landscapes even easier. What's more, Special effects mode for shooting and Filter effects for editing photos already taken allow you to create artistic photos and videos with the Nikon Coolpix S6200.
16 megapixel Nikon S6200 camera
The 16 megapixel Nikon Coolpix S6200 offers a 10x optical zoom Nikkor lens with a zoom range beginning at the wide-angle 25mm (equivalent in 35mm format) for coverage of a broad range of viewing angles. The 10x optical zoom lens is placed in one of the smallest bodies in its class, being made possible by making the most of an exclusive new, high-density slim lens barrel design. The Nikon Coolpix S6200 achieves a size that makes it easy to take with you wherever you go.
Nikon Coolpix S6200 camera design
Adoption of a rotary multi selector enables nimble and easy operation with the Nikon Coolpix S6200. In addition, a simple, yet refined and elegant design has been achieved with the Nikon S6200 by designing it with consideration of the optimal position and size of buttons and other controls, as well as through the coordination of body and lens barrel color.
Autofocus on the Nikon Coolpix S6200
With an autofocusing time of approximately 0.28 and a shooting time lag of approximately 0.42 s, the Nikon Coolpix S6200 camera responds immediately to sudden photo opportunities and moving subjects. The Nikon S6200 never misses once-in-a-lifetime shots.
Nikon Coolpix S6200 features
• Low noise at high sensitivities: The combination of the Expeed C2 image processing engine that supports high sensitivities and advanced noise reduction processing technology enables superior image quality in images captured at ISO 1600 with automatic ISO sensitivity adjustment and ISO 3200 with manual ISO sensitivity specification.
• Motion detection: The Nikon Coolpix S6200 detects camera shake and subject movement with shooting, and automatically compensates by controlling shutter speed and ISO sensitivity. This feature significantly reduces the number of blurred images by placing priority on either blur compensation for moving subjects or image quality, depending upon the scene.
• Lens-shift vibration reduction: The new flash control system eliminates unnatural night portraits in which the portrait subject is bright but background details are completely lost through the effective control of shutter speed and ISO sensitivity, resulting in blur-free images in which the entire image, including distant backgrounds, is rendered with natural brightness levels.
• Hand-held/tripod night landscape detection function: When shooting night landscapes and other nighttime shots, the Nikon S6200 camera automatically distinguishes between hand-held shooting and shooting using a tripod, and then adjusts ISO sensitivity and shutter speed accordingly. This function makes it possible to capture beautiful photos, as intended, with shooting of nighttime scenes that, until now, have often been blurred.
• With hand-held shooting: By automatically increasing ISO sensitivity and shutter speed, nighttime shots with less blur are possible.
• When a tripod is used: By automatically decreasing ISO sensitivity and shutter speed, brighter nighttime shots with less noise are possible.
Nikon Coolpix S6200 photo effects
Special Effects are applied prior to shooting shooting still pictures or recording videos enabling photographers to capture photos with colors and tones that suit their intent. Filter Effects are easily applied to still images and movies that have already been recorded. These two features on the Nikon Coolpix S6200 enable simple creation of fun, original images, expanding the ways in which you express yourself.
Nikon Coolpix S6200 price & availability
The Nikon Coolpix S6200 will be available from September 2011 and carries an estimated retail price of € 200. The new Nikon Coolpix S6200 comes in the colors black, white, silver, blue and pink.
Nikon Coolpix S6200 review
As soon as we receive a Nikon Coolpix S6200 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Nikon Coolpix S6200 review.
Nikon Coolpix S6200 test photos
In the mean time Nikon published some test photos of the Nikon Coolpix S6200 camera, so you can check out the image quality yourself. You can download the Nikon Coolpix S6200 test photo here.