Mark Peters : August 15th 2011 - 10:55 CET
Ricoh GXR MOUNT A12
Ricoh GXR MOUNT A12 : Ricoh announced the release of the Ricoh GXR MOUNT A12, a lens mount unit exclusively for the Ricoh GXR interchangeable unit camera system. The GXR is a camera system in which lenses can be changed by mounting camera units that integrate lens, image sensor, and image processing engine into a single unit. In addition, utilizing its ability to accommodate interchangeable units other than camera units, the system can be expanded to include a variety of devices. The Ricoh GXR MOUNT A12 is a lens mount unit made for the GXR. Featuring an APS-C size CMOS sensor and a newly developed focal plane shutter, this unit makes it possible to mount lenses such as Leica M lenses, and it provides various correction functions.|
Ricoh GXR MOUNT A12
The newly APS-C size CMOS sensor expands possibilities for high resolution and imaging power.
• The adoption of a CMOS sensor with an optimized micro lens layout makes it possible to secure sufficient brightness levels even in the peripheral areas of the image.
• The CMOS sensor used is 23.6mm × 15.7mm (APS-C size). It enables the shooting of high-quality images with smooth tone gradations as well as high definition and low noise.
Compatibility with a variety of lenses, including Leica M mount lenses
• Compatible with the Leica M mount, GXR MOUNT A12 can, of course, handle M-mount lenses, and if a conversion adapter is used many more types of mounts can also be accommodated.
• A checking device is included for use in confirming whether or not your lenses are physically compatible.
Diverse new functions maximize the potential of the lens itself
• In order to accommodate the photographer’s own preferences by adjusting for the distinctive characteristics of many different lenses, GXR MOUNT A12 can independently correct coloring at the corners. Color shading correction is possible in a -4 to +4 range for both R and B.
• Peripheral illumination correction is possible in a -3 to +3 range.
• A distortion correction function is provided to correct for the distortion that tends to occur in the lens periphery. The photographer can select barrel and pincushion distortion and specify “strong,” “medium,” or “weak” for each.
• A glass optical filter was adopted and made as thin as possible. It increases periphery image quality and suppresses field curvature.
• A focus-assist function has been included in an effort to raise the accuracy of manual focusing. Photographer can select from 2 modes and check the focus by strengthening outlines & contrast.
• Magnifying the screen image while shooting is an effective technique for focusing. The magnification can be done not only in the center but throughout the image. In addition, the image quality for 4x and 8x magnification has been enhanced. The area to be magnified can be moved using the directional pad.
Newly developed focal plane shutter and electronic shutter
• With the focal plane shutter, settings of 1/4000 sec. to 180 sec. are possible.
• With the electronic shutter, settings of 1/8000 sec. to 1 sec. are possible, and the photographer can shoot without worrying about shutter noise and vibration.
The wide range of functionality that characterizes the GXR series
• My Settings enables a wide range of shooting functions to be specified in an instant. For the setting information storage, six patterns can now be stored in the body’s My Settings Box and six patterns can be stored in the SD card. This, along with the ability to change shooting conditions, further expands the photographer’s world of photo expression.
• In manual exposure mode, the shutter speeds B (bulb) and T (time) can be selected. With B, the exposure continues while the shutter release button is pressed, and with T, the shutter release button is pressed to start and end the exposure. For both B and T, the exposure is automatically ended when 180 seconds have elapsed.
• Information on the lens used can be put in the EXIF information. In the editing of My Settings information, lens name, focal length, and F value can be entered.
• New scene mode options have been added for the easy enjoyment of a wide range of photo expression. The five new options are soft focus, cross process, toy camera, miniaturize, and high contrast B&W. The photographer can create a image by just pressing the shutter release button.
• An electronic level utilizing an acceleration sensor.
• An image flag function to enable the quick display of specific images from among those in the camera. Up to 20 images can be flagged.
• For the exterior, we utilized die cast magnesium, which has a strong track record in the GR series, and we covered the surface with a corrosion-resistant "pear-skin" coating. The end result is a body with durability, light weight, and a superior feel in hand.
• It is possible to shoot 1280 × 720 pixel HD movies. (When shooting movies of 1280×720 size, the use of an SD/SDHC memory card with an SD speed class of Class 6 or higher is recommended).
New options added
• We have created the new soft cases SC-75B and SC-75T, which are easy to open and close. With SC-75B, it is possible to shoot with the case attached to the GXR body.