Mark Peters : July 27th 2011 - 15:00 CET
Olympus SP-810UZ Megazoom digital camera : Olympus has introduced the new Olympus SP-810UZ Megazoom camera. The Olympus Sp-810UZ is equipped with a massive 36x wide-angle zoom lens and guarantees virtually limitless freedom. No compact camera from Olympus has ever delivered better zoom performance. A fast, wide 1:2.9-5.7 24-864mm zoom lens and 14 Megapixel image sensor makes the new Olympus SP-810UZ camera the benchmark in its class. As the most powerful digital camera in the Olympus Traveller camera category, it succeeds the prestige Olympus SP-800UZ. Not only is the Olympus SP-810UZ digital camera better equipped than its predecessor, the new Olympus camera is also more compact.|
The Olympus SP-810UZ is the smallest compact digital camera currently on the market with a zoom factor over 30x, which makes it the ideal travelling companion. The Olympus SP810-UZ camera can even accompany you on that upcoming autumn holiday. The Olympus SP-810UZ digital camera is not just pretty to look at. The Olympus SP-810UZ is also an expert performer, with photos or HD movies. The Olympus SP810-UZ wide 1:2.9-5.7 24-864mm zoom lens combines with Dual Image Stabilisation and enhanced ISO sensitivity to guarantee sharp photos and virtually eliminate blur in videos. And if a dynamic beach volleyball match needs to be recorded as photos, that’s when Auto Focus Tracking comes into play. It keeps subjects in focus even if they move in and out of the shot.
Olympus SP-810UZ photo creativity
Anyone with a creative eye will be delighted by the total of 10 Magic Filters that can nearly all be applied to videos and pictures. These filters include new Miniature and Reflection. Miniature gives your photos the look of a miniature model with stronger colours and contrast (by narrowing the depth of field) while Reflection simulates a magical horizontal reflection of your subject, as if it were standing next to perfectly flat water. What’s more, the fast and wide lens gives even inexperienced users every chance to experiment with background blurring to create outstanding photos.
Olympus SP-810UZ 3D picture mode
In 3D photo mode, the Olympus SP-810UZ digital camera combines two photos of the same subject from different angles to generate dynamic 3D pictures that can be viewed on a suitable screen in 3D. Another creative highlight is In-Camera Panorama that helps you capture a super-wide angle, wrap-around photo simply by panning the camera across the scene. Three frames are taken and combined by the Olympus SP-810 Ultra Zoom camera.
Olympus SP-810UZ features
• 36x wide optical zoom (24-864mm) for close-ups and group shots
• TruePic III+ image processor for ideal colour reproduction and low noise
• 720p HD Movie with sound for capturing movies in excellent quality
• 14 Megapixels for high-quality full-size movies, stills and prints
• Dual Image Stabilisation for reducing blur with fast-moving shots
• 3” colour LCD in 16:9 format (230,000 dots) for easily framing
• Advanced Face Detection and Shadow Adjustment Technology
• Beauty Mode for hiding unwanted blemishes
• Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) and AF Tracking for easy setting and focussing
• Pet Detection Mode for capturing dog’s or cat’s faces when they look at the camera
• Scene Modes for auto settings that suit specific conditions like Fireworks or Sunset
• SDHC and SDXC memory card compatible
• USB charging
Olympus SP-810UZ Video playback
To admire your pictures in glorious HD quality, you can hook the Olympus SP-810 UZ camera up to a flat-screen TV via the HDMI output. For an impressive sneak preview, the Olympus SP-810UZ digital camera comes with a large and bright 3 inch LCD in the 16:9 format. The new Olympus camera also supports the Eye-Fi card, enabling simple transfer of photos or videos via WLAN.
Olympus SP810UZ photo creativity features
• 3D photo shooting mode for striking stills
• Eye-Fi Card compatibility for wireless uploading of photos to a site or PC
• 10 Magic Filters for adding creative effects to HD movies and pictures
• In-camera Panorama for quick and easy panorama photos
• In-camera manual
• Built-in flash
Olympus SP-810 UZ camera operation
By doing away with time-consuming manual settings, the Olympus SP-810UZ camera frees you up to concentrate on the essentials. Intelligent Auto Mode recognises the five most common photo scenarios and automatically optimises settings such as focus and lighting. With additional features like Advanced Face Detection or Beauty Mode, high quality imaging using is child’s play on the new Olympus SP-810UZ.
Olympus SP-810UZ price & availability
The new Olympus Sp-810 Ultra Zoom camera will be available from the start of September 2011 for an extremely competitive price €269,00 Euro. The Olympus SP-810UZ digital camera is available in black or silver.
Olympus SP-810UZ review
As soon as we receive a Olympus SP-810UZ test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Olympus SP-810UZ review.