Ilse Jurriën : June 23th 2011 - 14:00 CET
Pentax Q interchangeable lens camera : Pentax introduces a new digital interchangeable lens camera. The Pentax Q camera offers the image quality of an SLR, in a body that's much smaller than other mirrorless camera systems. The Pentax Q body width is only 3.1 cm, making it world's smallest and lightest interchangeable lens camera currently available. With the new 12.4 megapixel, 1/2.3 inch CMOS image sensor, the Pentax Q camera carves out a completely new camera category that extends beyond traditional digital compact, APS-C or 4/3 digital cameras. The backlit sensor of the Pentax Q is a highly efficient light-gathering instrument that produces minimum noise at high sensitivity levels particularly in low light settings. |
Pentax Q camera
The Pentax Q mirrorless camera provides highly reliable performance, thanks to features such as: high speed continuous shooting at a speed of 5 images per second, low noise in high sensitivity of ISO 6400 and a large 3’’ LCD monitor with a wide-angle view of 170°. In addition, the Pentax Q comes with a full HD video function with H.264 recording format at 30 fps, with an HDMI output. The Pentax Q camera also features a newly designed Q lens mount, making it easier to interchange between different Q lenses. The Pentax Q mount will be added to the existing K and 645 mounts.
Pentax Q mirrorless camera
Same as for digital SLR models, the Pentax Q interchangeable lens camera is equipped with a set of dependable devices, like an DRII (Dust Removal II) anti-dust mechanism and an in-body SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism enabling photographers to capture clear and brilliant images free of blurring or spots.
Pentax Q kit lens
Beside the announcement of the new Pentax Q camera, Pentax introduces the Pentax 01 Standard Prime kit lens and an optional optical viewfinder. The Pentax Q lens offers a natural perspective similar to that of the human eye and is ideal as a multipurpose, everyday standard lens for various subjects including landscape and portraiture.
Pentax Q features
• Extremely compact and lightweight scratch resistant magnesium alloy body.
• 12.4 megapixels from the Pentax Q’s 1/2.3 inch backlit CMOS image sensor.
• New Pentax Q-mount for a variety of Q lenses including prime, zoom, fish-eye and more.
• 5 frames per second continuous shooting mode for any fast action setting.
• Full HD motion video function at 30 frames per second.
• A variety of creative modes and Smart Effect options
• In-camera HDR capture mode shoots 3 images of varying exposures
• A sensor-shift Shake Reduction system with integrated DRII Dust Reduction
• Effortless bokeh control with the Q’s Bokeh Control filter.
• Popup flash with a high extension to reduce the redeye effect common to compact cameras.
• Compatibility with the latest generation SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards
Pentax Q review, price & availability
The Pentax Q mirrorless camera will be available in the colors white and black. The Pentax Q kit includes a Standard Prime lens (available in silver). The Pentax Q camera will start shipping in Japan. Early Fall 2011 the Pentax Q will also appear in the United States at around $800 for the standard lens kit. As soon as we receive a Pentax Q test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Pentax Q review.
Pentax Q camera and accessories
Pentax Q built-in flash
Pentax Q interchangeable lens camera