|Motorola Photon 4G|
Ilse Jurriën : June 10th 2011 - 15:55 CET
Motorola Photon 4G mobile phone : Sprint launches more than 10 new Motorola devices in 2011, including the Motorola Photon 4G, boasting Android 2.3, Sprint ID and world phone capabilities. The Motorola Photon 4G is Motorola’s first Sprint 4G device with a dual-core 1GHz processor. The new Sprint Motorola portfolio demonstrates a commitment to bring customers advanced devices with industry-leading features, including smartphones, tablets and best-in-class Push-to-Talk devices. "I am pleased to see our collaboration grow. Together we will enhance the customer experience by bringing innovative mobile phones to market, such as the Motorola Photon 4G," said Sprint CEO Dan Hesse.|
Motorola Photon 4G smartphone
Sprint and Motorola are taking wireless innovation to a new level with Sprint’s first 1GHz dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor smartphone on the Sprint 4G Network, Motorola Photon 4G. The Motorola Photon 4G phone provides on-the-go users with an edge in managing their lives, around the world. The Motorola Photon 4G smartphone offers the perfect blend between personal and business needs and boasts enterprise-quality security for Android, international GSM capabilities, a 4.3-inch qHD display, dual cameras and a kickstand for hands-free viewing.
Motorola Photon 4G Android phone
Built with Android 2.3, Gingerbread, the Motorola Photon 4G smartphone combined with the Sprint 4G Network, lets users browse, download and multitask at blazing-fast speeds to support their busy lifestyles. Motorola Photon 4G does it all, providing users with an array of versatile tools, like the Motorola webtop application, allowing users to access and create content from a larger screen while connected to a Motorola accessory dock (available for purchase following device availability).
Motorola Photon 4G features
• Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor and 1GB of RAM
• Large 4.3-inch touchscreen with qHD (Quarter High Definition) display
• 16GB of onboard memory, support for up to 32GB SD Card, for a total of up to 48GB
• Worldphone capabilities to access emails, calendars and news from locations around the globe
• Ability to utilize the webtop application while connected to a Motorola accessory dock (sold separately) to open, view, edit and send Microsoft Office documents using cloud-based web apps through the full Mozilla Firefox browser
• Supports critical IT device policies commonly requested by enterprises and government entities, including integration ease, cost-of-management and data security concerns
• Dual cameras - 8 megapixel, dual-LED flash camera with front-facing webcam to store photos and videos directly on the device and VGA front-facing camera for video chat
• Android Market for access to more than 200,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
• Sprint ID for an easy way to personalize the user experience with apps, widgets, ringtones and more, all in a single download
• 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to eight devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G networks and one while roaming internationally on GSM (Mobile Hotspot capability while roaming internationally on GSM will be delivered through an upcoming software update)
Motorola Photon 4G price & availability
The Motorola Photon 4G smartphone will be available this summer. The suggested retail price and a full list of accessories will be provided closer to launch.