ASUS Padfone combines a smartphone and tablet in one device : ASUS Chairman Jonney Shih has introduced the highly-anticipated ASUS Padfone. Innovation is at the heart of ASUS design and the new ASUS Padfone reveals exciting new possibilities for mobile computing and voice communication. The new ASUS Padfone combines a smartphone and a tablet computer into one symbiotic gadget that allows consumers to choose the screen size that best fits their activities while seamlessly sharing data and 3G internet access. The ASUS Padfone works on Android 3.4 (Sandwich) operating system and is equipped with a 1GHz dual core Tegra 2 processor. The ASUS Padfone has 4.3 inch touchscreen and 10.1 inch tablet display.
ASUS Padfone features
• Enlarge your screen size any time you need to
• Seamless transition of applications between pad & phone
• Eliminate data transfer hassle with a single storage pool
• One SIM card for two mobile devices
• Use the pad as an extended battery to charge your Smartphone
• Have a video conferencing experience and easily share with family
The ASUS Padfone is a mobile device that explores one possible convergence between two popular mobile devices - the Smartphone and tablet. The ASUS Padfone solves the problem of data transfer hassles and multiple SIM cards when both a smartphone and 3G tablet are used. With the ASUS Padfone, the ASUS Smartphone docks inside the ASUS tablet to give users an expanded view to suit their tasks.
ASUS Padfone Specifications
• Network : GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz, 3G HSDPA
• Display : 10.1 inch Capacitive Touchscreen Multi-touch
• Operating system : Google Android 3.4
• Processor : 1 GHz dual core Tegra 2
• Digital camera : 5 Megapixel with Auto Focus
• Connectivity : 3G, Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n), GPRS, EDGE, GPS
• Expandable Memory : Up to 32GB
• Support for : Adobe Flash player
• Sensors : Light Sensor, Accelerometer Sensor
• Build-in : Radio, 3.5mm Headset Jack, compass
• Battery type : Li-ion Battery
• Bluetooth : version 2.1
• USB : Micro USB v2
ASUS Padfone video conferencing
With the ASUS phone docked, it can recharge from the tablet’s larger battery and the tablet can also make use of the smartphone’s 3G internet connection. The dual interfaces for both the pad and phone ensure an enhanced user experience as the layout is automatically adjusted for all activities such as video conferencing, web browsing and emailing.
ASUS Padfone review & availability
As soon as we receive a ASUS Padfone test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive ASUS Padfone review.