USB 3.0 reader - Extreme transfer speeds
"Our customers are primarily photographers, videographers and early adopters of technology," explains Marketing Manager, Anna Lopez. "While we're not seeing USB 3.0 in every new computer sale just yet, our unique market is hungry for the increased speeds that will enable the transferring of large HD and 3D video files and RAW image files without the lag that they experience with USB 2.0 technology."
Delink USB 3.0 universal memory card reader
The new USB 3.0 Reader boasts transfer speeds up to 5Gb/s with actual speeds approximated around 3.2 Gb/s, or 400 MB/s; over twelve times faster than the 33MB/s actual transfer speeds obtained with USB 2.0 devices. Five memory card slots enable universal compatibility across dozens of flash card formats including UDMA enabled CompactFlash cards, SDXC enabled Secure Digital cards and brand specific memory cards such as Memory Stick and xD.
USB 3.0 reader ideal for larger files
CEO Martin wood explains, "The combination of a universal non-proprietary design and unprecedented speed make this an attractive accessory that significantly improves workflow for someone who regularly transfers data from memory card to computer. With the resolution of a digital camera over 10 megapixels now and video cameras shooting high definition 1080p video, people are creating larger files and utilizing higher capacity memory cards. When it comes time to move the data on those cards to a computer, our new USB 3.0 reader can save hours of time that would normally be spent waiting for files to move from one device to another."
USB 3.0 reader backwards compatible
Users who plan on upgrading a desktop, laptop, netbook or tablet PC in the future can utilize the new USB 3.0 reader in current USB 2.0 and 1.1 device ports with seamless backward compatibility; however transfer speeds will be reduced to the highest rate capable of the device port. Driver free design allows for simple plug and play operation in Windows 7, Vista, XP, ME and 2000 Operating Systems as well as Mac OS9.0 and later.
USB 3.0 reader price & availability
Like all Delkin products, the new USB 3.0 Universal Memory Card Reader is backed by Delkin's San Diego based Technical Support team as well as an industry leading five year manufacturer's warranty. The first USB 3.0 readers are due to ship direct from the San Diego manufacturing facility and will be available at photography and videography retailers worldwide for a retail price of $39.99.
USB 3.0 reader highlights
• 5Gbps Transfer Speed
• CF UDMA, SDHC & SDXC Enabled
• Universally compatible with most memory card formats
• Plug & Play- No Drivers Required
• Backwards Compatible with USB 2.0 & 1.1
• Slim Design for Portable or Desktop Use
• Backed by our five-year warranty and free Delkin technical support
USB 3.0 reader specifications
• Includes: Universal Memory Card Reader, USB 3.0 Cable, Quick Install Guide
• Compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 / XP / Vista / ME / 2000 (SP4) Mac OS9 or later
• Supports the following memory card formats: CF Type I (UDMA), CF Type II (UDMA), SD (all classes), SDHC (all classes) SDXC (all classes), microSD,microSDHC, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Micro, MicroDrive, MMC, Memory Stick XC, Memory Stick DUO (HG), Memory Stick PRO (HG), Memory Stick PRO DUO (HG)
• FCC & CE approved