Olympus VR-330 digital camera
The Olympus VR-330 even adds 3D still photos, a bright 460,000 dot, three inch LCD and an HDMI output that makes it simpler to review movies and photos on a High Definition TV. The Olympus VR-330 is available from February 2011 in the colors silver, black, red and blue for an estimated retail price of €169.
Olympus VR-330 camera design
Once again, Olympus’ optical engineers have the competition scratching their heads, wondering how they managed to squeeze a precision 12.5x super wide optical zoom lens (24-300mm) into a beautifully slim compact camera that measures just 19.3mm deep (with the zoom retracted). Stand the Olympus VR-330 next to another camera with a 12x zoom and it becomes clear what a big difference a few millimetres can make.
14 megapixel Olympus VR330
And the Olympus VR330 still gives their users the added flexibility of a category-busting super wide zoom lens that can zoom way out wide or right up close - and capture all those special shots that slim cameras normally can’t. Whether it’s a radiant 14 Megapixel still photo or a blur-free movie in 720p HD, in this price bracket it’s hard to see how picture quality could get any better.
Olympus VR-330 with 3D photo mode
Even by VR Series standards, for a compact camera the Olympus VR-330 is a bit special. It comes with optional automatic 3D photo mode, so users can enjoy the enhanced realism of 3D stills that appear to pop right out of the screen, especially when viewed on a big HD TV. The Olympus VR-330 is also HDMI compatible, so when it’s time to play back, users can control their camera from their usual TV remote - and there’s no loss of Olympus HD quality. That’s typical of a host of Olympus-unique features that make the new Olympus VR-330 camera a delight to use.
Olympus VR-330 camera technologies
The Olympus VR-330 offers nothing unnecessary that would add to the price, just clever, practical features that makes it easier to take great pictures. In addition to Dual Image Stabilisation (virtually eliminates blurring), there’s i-Auto and Shadow Adjustment Technology that automatically choose the right settings for tricky conditions or subjects. Users also have a choice of no fewer than seven of the Magic Filters featured on Olympus’ high-end cameras, so they can get creative and add artistic effects to their shots at the touch of a button.
Olympus VR-330 review, price & availability
The Olympus VR-330 is available from February for an estimated retail price of €169. As soon as we receive a Olympus VR-330 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Olympus VR-330 review.
Olympus VR330 camera features
• 12.5x super wide angle optical zoom (24-300mm) for superb close-ups and group shots
• 720p HD Movie with sound for capturing movies in excellent quality
• 14 Megapixels for high-quality full-size movies, stills and prints
• Dual Image Stabilisation for reducing blur with fast-moving shots
• 3” colour LCD (460,000 dots) for easily framing, reviewing and sharing shots
• HDMI output / control for a one-cable connection to an HD TV with no loss of quality
• Face Detection and Shadow Adjustment for capturing people’s faces just as you want them
• Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) and AF Tracking for easy setting and focussing
• Scene Mode for automatic settings that suit specific conditions (e.g., Landscape, Night)
• 3D photo shooting for the enhanced realism of 3D
• Magic Filters for adding creative effects to still photos:
Punk, Pop Art, Pin Hole, Drawing, Fish Eye, Soft Focus, plus new Sparkle
Olympus VR-330 key features
• Full-metal, super-slim body for an attractive, robust design
• [ib] software for browsing, organising and viewing images
• ISO 100 to 1600
• SDHC memory card compatible
• USB battery charging