Ilse Jurriën : February 8th 2011 - 12:35 CET
Olympus VR-320 digital camera : Olympus’ new VR Series compacts are all about value. The priceless value of capturing high-quality movies and stills with no effort at all - and the unbeatable value for money of a compact camera that’s packed with fun-filled technical wizardry. An impressive zoom lens, super-slim design and clever technology were the hallmarks of the VR-310 launched in January. Now Olympus introduces a new VR-model with even better specs: the Olympus VR-320. The new Olympus camera comes with a more powerful 12.5x super wide 24-300mm optical zoom lens that combines with advanced automatic features to deliver brilliant images - no skill required. In this category, the camera offers unparalleled performance for the lowest possible price. |
Olympus VR-320 camera design
Once again, Olympus’ optical engineers have the competition scratching their heads, wondering how they managed to squeeze a precision 12.5x super wide optical zoom lens (24-300mm) into a beautifully slim compact camera that measures just 19.3mm deep (with the zoom retracted). Stand the Olympus VR-320 next to another camera with a 12x zoom and it becomes clear what a big difference a few millimetres can make.
14 megapixel Olympus VR-320
And the Olympus VR320 still gives their users the added flexibility of a category-busting super wide zoom lens that can zoom way out wide or right up close - and capture all those special shots that slim cameras normally can’t. Whether it’s a radiant 14 Megapixel still photo or a blur-free movie in 720p HD, in this price bracket it’s hard to see how picture quality could get any better.
Olympus VR320 camera technologies
The Olympus VR-320 offers nothing unnecessary that would add to the price, just clever, practical features that makes it easier to take great pictures. In addition to Dual Image Stabilisation (virtually eliminates blurring), there’s i-Auto and Shadow Adjustment Technology that automatically choose the right settings for tricky conditions or subjects. Users also have a choice of no fewer than seven of the Magic Filters featured on Olympus’ high-end cameras, so they can get creative and add artistic effects to their shots at the touch of a button.
Olympus VR-320 review, price & availability
The Olympus VR-320 is available from February in silver, black, red and blue for an estimated retail price of €149. As soon as we receive a Olympus VR-320 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Olympus VR-320 review.
Olympus VR-320 camera features
• 12.5x super wide angle optical zoom (24-300mm) for superb close-ups and group shots
• 720p HD Movie with sound for capturing movies in excellent quality
• 14 Megapixels for high-quality full-size movies, stills and prints
• Dual Image Stabilisation for reducing blur with fast-moving shots
• 3” colour LCD (230,400 dots) for easily framing, reviewing and sharing shots
• Face Detection and Shadow Adjustment for capturing people’s faces just as you want them
• Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) and AF Tracking for easy setting and focussing
• Scene Mode for automatic settings that suit specific conditions (e.g., Landscape, Night)
• Magic Filters for adding creative effects to still photos:
Punk, Pop Art, Pin Hole, Drawing, Fish Eye, Soft Focus, plus new Sparkle
Olympus VR320 key features
• Full-metal, super-slim body for an attractive, robust design
• [ib] software for browsing, organising and viewing images by person, place, location or event
• ISO 100 to 1600
• SDHC memory card compatible
• USB battery charging