|SanDisk Secure Access Software|
“Business travelers lose more than 12,000 laptops each week in U.S. airports, and more than half of those laptops contain confidential or sensitive information,” said Kent Perry, director, product marketing, SanDisk. “Data security has become an absolute necessity, and SanDisk USB drives with SanDisk Secure Access software offer an easy to use vault protected by AES encryption.” Encryption and online backup features will be shipping on SanDisk’s entire retail USB portfolio later in the first quarter of this year.
SanDisk Software features
• Password-protected “vault” automatically secures files with 128-bit AES encryption
• Protecting against unauthorized access in case the drive is lost or stolen.
• Secure partition determine which files remain private when sharing a USB drive with colleagues.
• Additional protection against computer crashes.
• Data loss is optionally available for users with up to 2GB of online backup from Dmailer.
• Remotely access online data anytime, anywhere, and easily share large files over the cloud.
• Drag and drop functionality; flash drive adjusts automatically as content is added or removed.
• Currently shipping on select SanDisk USB drives.
SanDisk Ultra USB Flash Drive
The SanDisk Ultra USB flash drive features faster transfer speeds of up to 15 megabytes per second (MB/sec) and large storage capacities that help consumers conveniently manage libraries of multimedia content. The new SanDisk USB drive carries a five year limited warranty and comes in 8GB to 32GB capacities carrying suggested retail prices ranging from $44.99 to $109.99.
SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB Flash Drive
Featuring a compact slider design for easy portability, the new SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB flash drive allows consumers to bring their photos, music and videos with them wherever they go. The SanDisk USB drive carries a two year limited warranty and is available in 2GB to 16GB capacities carrying suggested retail prices ranging from $12.99 to $79.99.