Ilse Jurriën : January 6th 2011 - 09:45 CET
Olympus Tough TG-310 digital camera : Most people don’t feel comfortable leaving their camera lying on the back of the sofa, let alone taking it on a trek to the Arctic. That’s why the ultra-rugged Olympus Tough range just got even tougher, so now everyone can shoot HD movies and stills anytime anywhere, absolutely worry-free. Waterproof, shockproof and freeze proof the Olympus Tough TG-310 digital compact camera is virtually indestructible. What’s more, the Olympus TG310 camera offers a host of cutting-edge features that deliver excellent image quality, usability and connectivity in any shooting situation. The new Olympus Tough TG-310 camera is available from February 2011, for € €199.|
Users can shoot 14 Megapixel photos with the dramatic realism of 3D and, thanks to Eye-Fi card compatibility, automatically upload stills and movies wirelessly to their favorite website or a PC. With its fantastic spec, the Olympus TG310 digital camera makes it easy to capture beautiful images of any adventure - from the back of the sofa to the back-of-beyond.
Olympus Tough TG310 waterproof camera
You name it, Olympus Tough cameras can handle it. They’re packed with the toughest ever technology. Even deep underwater, a sliding double lock mechanism protects the battery, card slots and ports while an additional hard glass lens barrier safeguards the optical zoom lens. Thanks to this doubly tough protection, the TG-310 is waterproof to fully three meters.
Olympus TG-310 shockproof digital camera
The new Olympus Tough TG-310 compact digital camera is freeze proof to -10°C (14°F) and shockproof to a height of 1.5 meters, so there’s no need to worry when young children get hold of it and decide to play catch, submarines or ‘let’s hide stuff in the freezer’.
Olympus TG-310 features a 3.6x optical zoom lens
An impressive optical zoom is another bonus in the open air. For those close-ups that make action shots special, the Olympus TG-310 comes with a 3.6x wide optical zoom (28-102mm). Of course, the Olympus Tough TG310 camera is packed with the features that make every Olympus camera easier than ever to use, from Dual Image Stabilisation for reducing blur to Face Detection, Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) and AF Tracking.
Photo and video shooting with the Olympus TG310
The new Olympus TG-310 digital camera makes it easy to get creative with photos and movies - and even easier to share them with family and friends. In addition to eight Magic Filter effects for photos and High Definition movies, the Olympus camera offers striking 3D still photo shooting. With Eye-Fi card compatibility, users can automatically beam their images wirelessly to their favorite website or a PC - and thanks to the new HDMI port, it’s simple to share them full-size on a big High Definition TV, too.
Olympus TG310 review, price & availability
The Olympus Tough TG-310 is available in silver, blue, red, white and orange for €199, from February 2011. As soon as we receive an Olympus Tough TG-310 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Olympus TG310 review.
Olympus Tough TG310 specifications
• Waterproof to 3m, shockproof to 1.5m and freeze proof for worry-free use anytime anywhere
• Hard glass lens barrier for extra-tough lens protection
• 3.6x wide optical zoom (28-102mm) for shooting flexibility
• 2.7” 230,000 dot colour LCD for easily framing, reviewing and sharing shots
• Sliding double lock mechanism for protection of battery, card slots and ports
• 3D photo shooting mode for striking stills
• Dual Image Stabilisation for reducing blur with fast-moving shots
• TruePic III+ processor for ideal colour reproduction and low noise
• 720p HD Movie with sound for capturing movies in excellent quality
• 14 Megapixels for high-quality full-size movies, stills and prints
• ISO 80 to 1600
• Magic Filters for adding creative effects to HD movies and/or stills
• Beauty Mode for hiding unwanted blemishes
• Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) and AF Tracking for easy setting and focussing
• Face Detection / Shadow Adjustment Technology for capturing faces just as you want them
• Pet Detection Mode for automatically capturing dog’s or cat’s faces when they look at the camera
• Scene Mode for automatic settings that suit specific conditions (e.g., Landscape, Night)
• In-Camera Panorama for quick and easy panorama shots
• Built-in flash
• SDHC and SDXC memory card compatible
• Photo Surfing and [ib] software for browsing, organizing and viewing images
• Eye-Fi Card compatibility for automatic wireless uploading of images to a website or PC
• HDMI technology for controlling your camera from one remote when connected to HD equipment
• USB charging