|Fujifilm FinePix XP20|
Ilse Jurriën : January 5th 2011 - 10:40 CET
Fujifilm FinePix XP20 digital camera : Fujifilm has raised the bar in the competitive outdoor compact camera sector by introducing the FinePix XP20; a water, shock, dust and freeze proof model. Continuing in the tradition set by the XP10 that it replaces, the FinePix XP20 offers a competitively-priced entry into the sector with a specification that will ensure outdoor-loving photographers or adventure sports enthusiasts are well catered for. In addition to its rugged build quality, the camera also features 14.2 megapixel resolution with an impressive 5 times wide zoom with optical image stabilization to shoot sharp image quality in any condition. With a Fujifilm FinePix XP20 in their rucksack, outdoor photographers will be able take their pictures to new heights without the steep price tag!|
Fujifilm FinePix XP20 waterproof camera features
The Fujifilm FinePix XP20 is ready for anything you can throw it. Thanks to the ‘4 way Protection’ system, you'll be able to keep taking pictures long after conventional cameras have been packed away. With a riveted front panel and rounded body shape featuring a smart two-tone design, the new Fujifilm FinePix XP20 camera is:
• Waterproof to 5 metres, making it perfect for underwater photography,
• Shockproof digital camera up to 1.5 metres
• Dust / Sandproof, take the camera to the beach and don't worry about the sand
• Freezeproof to -10°C, for skiing, snowboarding or any other sub-zero activities
• Quality optics deliver perfect pictures
• Sporting a Fujinon 5x wide optical zoom covering 28 - 140 mm (35 mm equivalent), the FinePix XP20 is well equipped to deliver high quality images. In addition to the fine optical quality, the XP20 features Fuji's advanced Optical Image Stabilisation system to help combat camera shake. Pictures can be taken and still be blur-free, making it ideal for underwater and night-time shooting.
Fujifilm FinePix XP20 camera technologies
As well as offering all the benefits of an outdoor camera, the FinePix XP20 is also a great picture-taking machine in its own right. It boasts a full range of flash overrides, face detection for perfect portraits and a healthy selection of subject-based scene modes, which includes Motion Panorama which automatically stitches up to three shots to create panoramic picture.
Fujifilm FinePix XP20 in-camera retouching functions
There's even a number of in-camera retouching functions including crop, rotate and red-eye removal. Outdoor photographers wanting to shoot video aren't neglected either; the Fujifilm FinePix XP20 offers HD movie capture of 720p at 30 frames per second or conventional 640 x 480 pixel definition.
Fujifilm FinePix XP20 specifications
• 14.2 megapixel resolution
• 5x wide optical zoom covering
• 28-140mm (35 mm equivalent)
• CCD shift image stabilisation
• 2.7 inch rear LCD with 230,000 pixels
• Waterproof to five metres
• Shockproof up to 1.5 metres
• Freezeproof to -10°C
• Dust / Sandproof
• Motion Panorama mode
• Camera available in Black, Silver, Orange, Blue and Green
Fujifilm FinePix XP20 price & availability
The Fujifilm FinePix XP20 will be available late March 2011 at $199.95. An accessory kit containing an adjustable float strap, protective silicone skin and a neoprene sports case will be available in March 2011.
Fujifilm FinePix XP20 review
As soon as we receive an Fujifilm FinePix XP20 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Fujifilm FinePix XP20 review.