Ilse Jurriën : January 5th 2011 - 09:50 CET
|Fujifilm FinePix T300
Fujifilm FinePix T300 digital camera : High quality photography just got a whole lot more accessible thanks to the introduction of the new Fujifilm FinePix T300. The Fujifilm T300 presents the ideal solution for those who want to buy a well specified, easy to use and most importantly, world thinnest 10 times zoom compact camera to take on their travels or use to capture family life, but don't want a hefty price tag to match. The Fujifilm FinePix T300 offers a specification that few other models can match, including some of latest cutting edge technologies plucked from higher-end models in Fujifilm's range. The Fujifilm FinePix T300 will be available in April 2011 at the price of $199.95.|
Fujifilm FinePix T300 - 14 Megepixel
With an impressive resolution of 14 megapixels, the Fujifilm FinePix T300 delivers files that can be printed out at A3 without the need for any software re-sizing. Equally impressive is the 10x zoom range, which stretches from 28 - 280 mm (35 mm equivalent). This powerful mix of features will ensure users can capture great image in no time, be they wide-angle land and cityscapes or closely cropped portraits and distant details.
Fujifilm T300 with CCD shift Image Stabilisation
In addition to the 10x zoom, the Fujifilm T300 also comes equipped with a powerful CCD shift Image Stabilisation (CIS) system that helps eliminate camera shake and deliver high quality images in a wide variety of lighting conditions. CIS works during the exposure to counteract any hand movements. The result is an expanded range of shooting situations where the Fujifilm FinePix T300 can be used without the need for a tripod or other support. With CIS working hard in the background, you can capture sharp, colorful scenes and portraits at night. Plus, should the light be really low, the maximum sensitivity of ISO 3200 can be selected so you can keep shooting.
Fujifilm T300 camera technologies
Many photographers want to keep things simple when it comes to taking pictures and the Fujifilm FinePix T300 is an approachable, easy to use compact. But don't think that you're missing out on some of Fujifilm's latest compact camera developments as a result. The Fujifilm FinePix T300 has a few technological tricks up its sleeve, including:
• Photobook assist. Picking the pictures to go in a photobook can be time-consuming and it can be difficult to visualise what the final book will look like. Not anymore! The Fujifilm FinePix T300's Photobook Assist feature allows you to tag images that you'd like to use in a photobook; you can even tag the front cover shot. Then, when you've made the selection, the camera will create a simulation of the photobook which you can view through on the rear LCD.
• Motion panorama. Everybody likes shooting panoramic images, but no-one likes stitching them together afterwards on a PC. This mode makes shooting panoramas easy. Press the shutter release to start, rotate through and then the Fujifilm FinePix T300 will stitch all three shots together seamlessly. Capturing great panoramic shots has never been so fun - or easy!
• Face recognition. This is a great feature if you shoot a lot of portraits. When a shot is taken, you can store the name of the person / people in the image. By doing this, the FinePix T300 will then automatically find other images on the memory card featuring the same person. Use the Image Search function and you'll quickly be able to find all the shots of a specific individual.
• HD video. For those situations when you want to capture movie footage instead of stills, the Fujifilm T300 offers 720p HD video at 30 frames per second.
Fujifilm FinePix T300 LCD screen
Compact dimensions, perhaps, but this hasn't affected the size of the rear LCD, which measures an impressive three inches from corner. Images and menus are displayed in 230,000 dots glory, plus composition is easy on the large screen.
Fujifilm FinePix T300 ideal travel camera
A heavy, bulky camera is the last thing you need when you're trying to travel light. The Fujifilm FinePix T300 is just 28.1 mm thick and 97 mm wide (without the projection portion of the lens, it is 18.5 mm thick) so it'll easily store in the corner of a travel bag or a jacket pocket. What's more the camera is also available in five colours, so there's bound to be one to suit your tastes.
Fujifilm FinePix T300 review, price & availability
The Fujifilm FinePix T300 will be available in April 2011 at the price of $199.95. As soon as we receive an Fujifilm FinePix T300 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Fujifilm FinePix T300 review.
Fujifilm FinePix T300 specifications
• 14 megapixel camera
• 10x optical zoom covering 28-280 mm
• 3.0 inch rear LCD with 230,000 pixels
• CCD Shift type Image Stabilisation
• Face recognition and Image Search
• ISO 3200 maximum sensitivity
• Slim body style available in five colours
• Photobook Assist
• Motion panorama camera function