Ilse Jurriën : September 20th 2010 - 18:30 CET
Pentax K-5 SLR camera : Pentax Imaging Systems has announced the Pentax K-5 digital SLR camera. The Pentax K-5 DSLR offers a true high-end prosumer design and features normally found only on the most costly of professional cameras. With exceptional reliability, user-friendly operation, and the compact, lightweight body of its predecessor, the Pentax K-7, the new Pentax K-5 offers several important and improved features. The Pentax K-5 digital SLR will ship in October 2010 as a body kit only for $1,599.95 USD or as a lens kit with the 18-55mm WR for $1,749.95 USD.|
Pentax K-5 camera features
The pro-oriented “prosumer” features that take the Pentax K-5 DSLR to the next level include:
• High resolution 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor.
• Fast up to 7 FPS to capture fast action shots.
• High sensitivity 80-12800 ISO range, expandable to 51200, with improved noise performance overall.
• Widescreen 1080p HD video at 25 FPS with sound via built-in microphone or external 3.5mm stereo microphone jack.
• Newly improved, highly responsive and accurate 11 point SAFOX IX+ autofocus system with dedicated AF assist lamp and light wavelength sensor.
• Focus and shutter speed priority during AF-C.
• Native support for both Pentax PEF and Adobe DNG 14 bit RAW files.
• Improved in-camera HDR image capture with more blending modes and better image alignment for handheld HDR shots.
• SDXC memory card compatibility (via firmware update).
Pentax K-5 features
• A fully weather sealed and coldproof design.
• A large 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution.
• Durable magnesium alloy that surrounds a rugged stainless steel chassis.
• Highly accurate 77 segment metering system.
• Pentaprism viewfinder with 100% field of view and 0.92X magnification.
• Pentax body-based Shake Reduction (SR) stabilization system that works with every Pentax lens ever made.
• A maximum 1/8000 second shutter speed.
• HDMI port outputs high definition images and video (and sound).
• A wide range of in-camera image processing and special effects filters.
• Customizable RAW/Fx button.
• Built-in electronic level with tilt scale display in LCD panel.
Pentax K-5 DSLR camera for advanced photographers
These improvements and features are a direct result of customer feedback provided to Pentax by dedicated “prosumer” Pentaxian shooters who have helped refine the Pentax K-5 to deliver a wide feature set and make it a perfect all-purpose camera for field or studio use. The Pentax K5 is an excellent choice for advanced enthusiasts looking for a compact, yet highly advanced camera without spending thousands of dollars more.
smc Pentax DA 18-135mm lens
Pentax Imaging also announces the smc Pentax DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR lens designed exclusively for use with Pentax digital SLR cameras. This interchangeable zoom lens features a simplified weather-resistant construction and extra-smooth autofocus operation using a built-in motor, in addition to its high 7.5X zoom ratio. This new lens will ship in October for $529.95 USD.
Pentax K-5 review and price information
The Pentax K-5 digital SLR will ship in October 2010 as a body kit only for $1,599.95 USD or as a lens kit with the 18-55mm WR for $1,749.95 USD. As soon as we receive a Pentax K-5 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Pentax K-5 review.