|Nikon SB-700 Speedlight|
Ilse Jurriën : September 15th 2010 - 06:00 CET
Nikon SB-700 Speedlight flash : Nikon Europe is pleased to announce a new Speedlight - the SB-700. Packed with features, this is an easy-to-use, yet sophisticated flash in a compact body. The Nikon SB-700 Speedlight will be a welcome addition to anyone looking to expand their range of lighting techniques and explore the options of the Nikon Creative Lighting system. The flash is ideal for a wide range of applications, ranging from portrait and studio to events and night-time photography and has the high quality you expect from a Nikon Speedlight. The Nikon SB-700 Speedlight is available from November 26 and will have a RRP of € 339.|
Nikon SB-700 Speedlight flash
Zurab Kiknadze, Product Manager Lenses, Accessories and Software, Nikon Europe BV says: “Nikon Speedlight SB-700 offers the users to expand their creative potential beyond the standard camera built-in flash. It integrates flawlessly with Nikon’s DSLR cameras, taking advantage of i-TTL to provide optimal results with minimum of effort.”
Nikon SB-700 flash features i-TTL metering system
The new Nikon SB-700 Speedlight has an intuitive interface and easy-to-understand operating system, yet many advanced functions, inherited from the professional SB-900 flash. It features Nikon’s i-TTL, through-the-lens metering system, ensuring accurate light measuring as well as multi-step auto zoom, which automatically detects the focal length used and adjusts the flash output for angles of view from 24mm to 120mm. Users have the choice of three illumination patterns, which can be quickly selected to match different shooting scenario.
Nikon Speedlight SB-700 built for versatility
The Nikon SB-700 is compatible with FX and DX cameras and its fast wireless control will make the flash attractive for a wide range of customers, including advanced photographers seeking to extend their Creative Lighting System. It can act as a master, controlling up to two groups of flashes and their light ratios. The Nikon Speedlight SB-700 can also act as a remote unit in a flash set up.
Nikon SB-700 flash comes with Diffusion Dome
With its rotating head and built-in bounce card, the photographer can use the flash to direct the light and bounce it off ceilings or walls. The Nikon SB-700 Speedlight also comes with the practical Nikon Diffusion Dome to even the light and soften the shadows of direct flash. The flash has a mounting foot lock lever, through which the flash can be securely attached to the camera, preventing it from coming loose. There is also an optional weather-sealed mount available for outdoor photography. The Nikon SB-700 Speedlight is available from November 26 and will have a RRP of € 339.
Nikon SB-700 Speedlight flash features
• The new, improved LCD panel interface and an intuitive layout of switches make it quick and easy to set the features.
• With a maximum guide number of 38 (for an FX camera, at the standard illumination setting at ISO 100 at 120mm), the flash packs a punch and is powerful enough for most lighting needs for everyday photography.
• The multi-step power zoom automatically responds to the current focal length of the lens attached to the camera and covers angles of view, ranging from 24mm to 120mm.
• Three illumination patterns can quickly be selected to match each shooting situation, making it the ideal flash for a range of scenarios. The Centre-weighted pattern offers more power and higher guide number and is ideal to lift out a subject from the surroundings. The Even setting works well for taking an image of group photographs indoors or a flat surface and the Standard setting has a slight emphasis on the centre and is suitable for most other situations.
• The high-speed recycling time is only approximately 2.5 seconds with NiMH batteries and alkaline batteries and approximately 3.5 seconds with lithium batteries.
• The quick wireless control mode allows to change the light ratios of A and B group Speedlight units and can also act as a remote unit in the Nikon Creative Lighting System.
• The Nikon SB-700 automatically detects flash head heat and delays the recycling time if the temperature of the flash head rises, protecting the flash from heat damage.
• The firmware of the flash can easily be updated through Nikon digital SLR cameras.
• The Nikon SB-0 comes with fluorescent and incandescent hard, plastic-type colour filters, which are more durable, heat-resistant and easier to use than the conventional film-type filters. The flash automatically detects these two hard-type colour filters and initiates the camera to set the optimum colour temperature according to filter information from the SB-700. The optional colour filter set SJ-4 is also available.