Ilse Jurriën : August 18th 2010 - 17:00 CET
Olympus FE-4050 digital camera : Olympus Imaging Corporation (President: Masaharu Okubo) announces the Olympus FE-4050, a compact digital camera featuring 4X optical zoom lens from wide angle of 27mm in a slim, high quality body, offered in stylish colors. The "Fashionable & Elegant" FE series digital cameras incorporate an impressive array of advanced functions in a slim, stylish body. User-friendly functions include easy-to-understand descriptions of camera modes and other functions on the LCD monitor and an iAUTO function that automatically optimizes the camera settings by analyzing the scene. The Olympus FE-4050 is scheduled to go on sale from September 2010. |
Olympus FE-4050 camera features
The new Olympus FE-4050 is equipped with TruePicIII image processing engine, which is originally developed for Interchangeable lens digital camera, delivering color fidelity and wide dynamic range. Shooting functions evolved with an expanded range of 6 Magic Filters including 2 new filters. These functions make usual scenes a quick change into exciting images filled with fun and pleasurable surprise.
Olympus FE-4050 Magic Filters
The Olympus FE-4050 features an expanded range of 6 Magic Filters, Pop, Pin Hole, Fisheye and Drawing inherited from the previous model, and newly added Punk and Soft Focus.
• Pop : Enhances colors, making them more vivid and bright to create high-impact images.
• Pin Hole : Creates images with a retro feel, reducing brightness at the periphery.
• Fisheye : Makes a photo mysterious feel with the effect of shooting with a fisheye lens.
• Drawing : Transforms your photos into an intriguing line drawing.
• Soft Focus : Creates a surreal, dreamy, romantic atmosphere such as a wedding scene.
• Punk : Makes photos like a block print in pink and black.
Olympus FE-4050 specifications
• Effective pixels 12 megapixels
• Optical zoom 4X
• Wide-angle shooting 27mm (35mm camera equivalent)
• Image stabilization High-sensitivity shooting
• LCD size 2.7-inch, 230,000 dots
• LCD type TFT colour
• Movie recording VGA (Motion JPEG)
Olympus FE-4050 review
The Olympus FE-4050 will be available from September 2010. As soon as we receive a Olympus FE-4050 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Olympus FE-4050 review.