Dennis Hissink : June 4th 2010 - 14:10 CET
Kingston SDXC memory
64GB Kingston SDXC memory card : Kingston Digital, Inc. announced it is shipping a 64GB SDXC UHS-1 Class 10 memory card (Kingston part #: SD10A/64GB). SDXC (Secure Digital eXtended Capacity) is the next standard from the Secure Digital Association (SDA) for SD cards with storage ranging from more than 32GB up to 2TB. SDXC cards, in addition to larger capacities allow for exponentially faster data transfer rates while maintaining the popular SD form factor. The Kingston SDXC card is compliant with the SDA Memory Card Standard Version 3.01, UHS-1. UHS-1 stands for Ultra-High Speed Bus 1 which is the new architecture of SDXC cards designed to reach speeds up to a maximum transfer rate of 104MB/sec., and 300MB/sec. in the future. |
Price and warranty of Kingston SDXC memory
Kingston SDXC memory cards utilize the exFAT file system and are not backwards compatible with SDHC or SD cards. Kingston's offering has read speeds up to 60MB/sec. and write speeds of up to 35MB/sec., placing it among the fastest available on the market today. The Kingston SDXC UHS-1 Class 10 will be available worldwide at the end of June and has a suggested retail price of $499.00(U.S. MSRP). It is covered by a lifetime warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability.
SDXC memory offer greater storage capacity for RAW format data
"Kingston is proud to bring an SDXC card to market that helps users of compatible high-end digital cameras and camcorders realize the full potential of their equipment. The Kingston SDXC card allows continuous high-speed burst shooting in RAW format and hours of hi-def recording," said Wendy Lecot, Flash card business manager, Kingston. "Adding the new Kingston SDXC memory card to our portfolio of Flash products paves the way for our network of resellers to meet market demand for photo and video applications as well as future generations of consumer products."
Canon and Panasonic support Kingston SDXC memory cards
New camera and camcorder introductions (such as Canon and Panasonic) are evolving their designs to include SDXC slots but only a handful of devices are on the market today. Other consumer electronic product roadmaps will also start to include support for SDXC. Among the more popular devices that will benefit from additional fast storage are HDTVs, Blu-ray Disc players, navigation devices, mobile phones and computers. Kingston's 19-in-1 Media Reader (Kingston part#: FCR-HS219/1) is compatible with Kingston SDXC memory cards when connected to a PC with an operating system supports exFAT.
Kingston SDXC memory UHS-1 Class 10 features & specifications
• Capacity: 64GB
• Dimensions: 0.94"x1.26"x.08" (24x32x2.1mm)
• Weight: 0.09 ozs (2.5 g)
• Speed: 10MB/sec min. data transfer (Class 10); up to 60MB/sec. read & 35MB/sec. write rate
• Bus Mode: Version 1, UHS104, up to 104MB/sec
• Operating Temperature: -13 degrees F to 185 degrees F (-25 degrees C to 85 degrees C)
• Storage Temperature: -40 degrees F to 185 degrees F (-40 degrees C to 85 degrees C)
• Voltage: 3.3v
• Compliant: with the SD Card Association card 3.01 specification
• Copy Protection: Support for CPRM (Content Protection for Recordable Media)
• Secure: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
• Compatible: SDXC host devices; not with SDHC and standard SD-enabled devices/readers
• File System: exFAT, Reliable: lifetime warranty
• Operating System Support: Windows 7, Windows Vista (SP1 or later), Windows XP (SP2 or later) with exFAT update