Dennis Hissink : April 16th 2010 - 16:05 CET
|Sanyo Wide XGA projector
Professional Sanyo Wide XGA projector : Sanyo is pleased to announce the release of a new high-brightness high-resolution Wide XGA projector on June 21, 2010. The new Sanyo Wide XGA projector offers the highest brightness in its class at 5,500 lumens and is ideal for use in lecture halls and large conference rooms. Since the inception of the projector market, Sanyo has been leading the industry through its development of out-of-the-box functions and high-brightness/high-image-quality technologies. Last year, Sanyo launched the LP-XM150 and LP-XM100 XGA portable projectors with the highest brightness in their class. These models have been adopted and well received by universities and other institutions.|
Sanyo Wide XGA projector supports 16:10 aspect ratio
The Sanyo Wide XGA projector will be displayed at InfoComm 2010 in Las Vegas, U.S.A., from June 9 to 11, 2010. The adoption of a high-resolution Wide XGA panel enables projection of 16:10 aspect ratio Wide XGA (1280 x 800 dot) images. Compared to the 4:3 aspect ratio XGA (1024 x 768 dot) format, the size of the screen has been greatly expanded, enabling the display of even more information. Optical efficiency has been enhanced by 40% compared to a conventional model. Newly developed optical engine and cooling technologies have realized a brightness of 5,500 lumens, the highest brightness in their class. With the ability to project large images that are bright and beautiful, the new projectors have a wide range of uses, including in large conference rooms and lecture halls, as well as for digital signage, which is used in brightly lit areas.
Professional business presentation possible with Sanyo Wide XGA projector
The new Sanyo projector features a “Picture-in-Picture Mode” and a “Picture-by-Picture Mode” that can project two images simultaneously. With the “Picture-in-Picture Mode,” a smaller (sub) image can be shown within a main one, and the size and position of the smaller image can be specified in detail. With the “Picture-by-Picture Mode,” two images can be displayed side by side, eliminating the need to use two separate projectors. The main image can be used to show a product commercial from a DVD, while the sub image provides product explanation materials from a computer. Similarly, one side can be used to show a presentation video, while the other side displays live video conferencing. Consequently, two separate videos can be shown at the same time with a single projector, thereby greatly expanding the scope of business or other presentations.
Saving resources due to low maintenance costs of Sanyo Wide XGA projector
The durable new Optical Engine using inorganic liquid crystal panels minimize effect of heat on the optical components, through the adoption of heat dissipation design and cooling technologies that Sanyo has developed for professional projector models. The “AMF: Active Maintenance Filter” system enables a filter cartridge replacement interval of approximately 10,000 hours. One cartridge containing a filter roll equal to 10 filters reduces the filter cartridge replacement frequency to one-tenth. Consequently, high reliability of the Sanyo Wide XGA projector is provided with lower maintenance costs, while saving resources.
Sanyo Wide XGA LP-WM5500 projector features
• HDMI terminal” for digital input
• Power Vertical/Horizontal Lens Shifting Function” enables projection adjustment without changing the projector position
• Power Zoom/Focus Function” easily operated using a remote control
• Lens Centering Design” for convenient installation
• Corner Keystone Correction” for straightening the image when projecting from an angle.
• Mechanical Shutter” for convenient pausing of projection
• Vertical 360-degree Tilt Angle Projection” allows projection on the ceiling, floor, etc.
• One Way Flow” to increase cooling efficiency
• After use, the Direct Power-off Function allows shut down without pressing power button
• Easy Stacking Grooves” for handy placement of a back-up projector on top
• Anti-theft Hook” is provided for chaining a projector unit
• Auto Input Signal Search” function for automatic input signal detection
• Loud 7W Speaker (mono) enhances listenability in space like conference room or classroom.
• Wired LAN terminal (RJ-45) enables control and management of the projector over a network
• Compatibility with the optional “PJ-NET Organizer” enables the image projection with network cable connection
Wide XGA projector positioned in the world market
The number of Wide XGA high-brightness projectors in the range of 4,000 to 6,000 lumens shipped in the world market is expected to be approx. 40,000 units in 2010, approx. 70,000 units in 2011, and approx. 120,000 units in 2012 (according to company forecasts). In response to this market trend, the Sanyo LP-WM5500, with the highest brightness in its class at 5,500 lumens, has been developed offering Wide XGA compatibility. It features “Picture-in-Picture Mode” and “Picture-by-Picture Mode,” enabling simultaneous projection of two images. In addition, the Sanyo LP-WM5500 incorporates the highly durable New Optical Engine using inorganic liquid crystal panels and the AMF: Active Maintenance Filter system, offering higher reliability and lower maintenance costs.