Ilse Jurriën : March 7th 2010 - 10:00 CET
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. : Panasonic is pleased to announce a new standard zoom interchangeable lens for Lumix G Micro System that complies with Micro Four Thirds System standard. Featuring the high mobility thanks to the ultra-compact size and light weight, the new Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. lens offers a versatile zoom range of 14-42mm (35mm camera equivalent: 28-84mm) suitable for a wide range of scenes from dynamic landscape to portrait. The lens system features excellent contrast at entire zoom range and the inclusion of an aspherical lens improves optical performance by minimizing distortion, even at the 28mm wide end. Adopting an inner focus system driven by a stepping motor, the superior optical design realizes outstanding smoothness to support the high speed AF system of Lumix G cameras.|
Panasonic 14-42mm lens incorporates MEGA O.I.S.
The new Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. lens incorporates Panasonic's MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer), which makes it easy to shoot super clear shots even in low-lit situations by suppressing the blur caused by a hand shake. When mounted on the cameras of Lumix G Micro System, users can use and take advantage of the contrast AF system and the convenient functions applied from it.
Focus distance of the Panasonic 14-42mm lens
With its minimum focus distance of 30 cm even at full zoom, the new Panasonic 14-42mm lens provides a maximum photographic magnification of 0.32x (35mm equivalent). Seven aperture blades consists a circular aperture diaphragm and produces an attractive smoothness in out-of-focus areas even shooting at large aperture. The new Panasonic lens system uses multi-coated lens elements that reduce ghosts and flare to an absolute minimum, helping deliver a high optical performance.
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm Specifications
• Lens Construction : 12 elements in 9 groups (1 Aspherical lens)
• Mount : Micro Four Thirds mount
• Optical Image Stabilizer : Yes
• Focal Length : f=14mm to 42mm (35mm camera equivalent 28mm to 84mm)
• Aperture Type : 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
• Aperture : F3.5(Wide) - F5.6 (Tele)
• Minimum Aperture : F22
• Closest Focusing Distance : 0.3m / 1ft
• Maximum magnification : Approx. 0.16x / 0.32x (35mm camera equivalent)
• Diagonal Angle of View : 75°（W）～29°（T）
• Filter Size : φ52mm / 2.05 in
• Max. Diameter : φ60.6mm / 2.39 in
• Overall Length : 63.6mm / 2.50 in (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
• Weight : Approx. 165g / 5.82oz
• Standard Accessories : Lens Cap, Lens Hood, Lens Rear Cap, Lens Storage Bag