Ilse Jurriën : February 18th 2010 - 11:50 CET
Sagem PUMA phone : PUMA AG and Sagem Wireless unveil at the Mobile World Congress the much anticipated PUMA phone. The new PUMA phone is not like all those other phones; its design, from on-board features and technology to unique user interface to connected services reflects the DNA of the PUMA's brand. Completely custom designed from the inside out, the Sagem PUMA phone is an uber friendly device engineered to facilitate and encourage an active way of life both digitally and physically. The PUMA phone will be available through mobile network operators across greater Europe and on PUMA online store from April 2010, with international markets following. |
PUMA phone combines sport, lifestyle and fashion
"Just as PUMA is unlike any other sportlifestyle company out there, the PUMA phone is unlike any mobile phone on the market," said Jochen Zeitz, CEO of PUMA. "We want to engage with our community in a way that is consistent with everything PUMA stands for. Blending together the influences of sport, lifestyle and fashion, the PUMA phone reflects the joy, spontaneity and individuality that the PUMA brand is known for."
PUMA smartphone offers GPS and solar charging
The Sagem PUMA phone is an active smartphone. Beyond internet, messaging, and GPS localization capabilities, solar charging, video calling and Bluetooth photo sharing are all designed to make the PUMA mobile phone engaging and responding to consumers requirements. The spin and scratch music player and integrated radio make the smartphone a connected companion. Designed around an active lifestyle, its sleek shape factor makes it a wearable fashion accessory.
Download PUMA applications on the new PUMA phone
Users will be guaranteed access to the PUMA World in a click. A carousel-based menu on the PUMA smartphone will allow an easy navigation through multimedia contents, enabling PUMA to aggregate rich media content services into a single intuitive and entertaining mobile user experience. Users will be able to interact with multimedia content from the PUMA website, download PUMA applications, and access PUMA products through mCommerce services. These connected services also enable mobile operators to create and access new channels for reaching niche communities with highly customised products and services that drive data usage.
PUMA mobile phone for a true PUMA sport experience
Thierry Buffenoir, CEO, Sagem Wireless commented; "With PUMA engaged in projects such as the United Nation's Environment Programme, values such as sustainability are at the core of everything it does. From the very first concepts for the PUMA phone therefore, it was clear that we would need to marry a unique user experience with real technology innovation to design and develop a device that delivered on the PUMA promise. Using the device to directly connect with the PUMA community through services such as live sports feeds and mCommerce, the PUMA mobile phone delivers not only a rich PUMA experience, but uses technology such as integrated solar cells to deliver it in a way that is completely consistent with PUMA's values."
Sagem PUMA phone features
• Integrated solar cell, with charge indicator
• Touchscreen: 2.8 inch thumbable screen with 240 x 320 QVGA resolution and TFT wide angle
• Camera: 3.2 megapixel camera with LED flash and x6 zoom; Bluetooth photo sharing
• Video: VGA video call camera; full screen video playback with video recording and streaming
• Music: wide range of music formats with playlist support and FM radio
• Localisation: GPS, compass, geotagging, routing and mapping
PUMA mobile phone features
• Sports: pedometer, GPS tracker and stopwatch
• Internet: Open internet browsing, with WAP Push
• Messaging: Mobile email client and web mail notification; instant messaging; MMS and SMS
• HSPA and W-CDMA/EDGE/GPRS/GSM connectivity; Bluetooth; USB 2.0
• Talk time up to 5 hours with 350 hours stand-by time
• Video call time : 140 minutes, music player time : 24 hours, video player time : 5 hours
• Tablet form factor; 115g weight and dimensions of 102mm x 56mm x 13mm
PUMA phone review
As soon as we receive a PUMA phone test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive PUMA phone review.