Fujifilm FinePix XP10 Ilse Jurriën : February 2nd 2010 - 20:50 CET
Fujifilm FinePix XP10 digital camera : Fujifilm America announces the launch of the FinePix XP10, the first in a new category of super-tough, ‘Four-Proof’ digital cameras - Waterproof, Freezeproof, Shockproof and Dustproof. Resulting from a redesign of Fujifilm’s best-selling FinePix Z33WP, the Fujifilm FinePix XP10 is an ergonomically “life proof” camera housed in a metal uni-body chassis with a tactile grip finish. The Fujifilm FinePix XP10 sports a 12-Megapixel CCD sensor, a 2.7” High-Contrast LCD for better viewing in bright sunlight and a high-precision, Fujinon 5x periscopic optical zoom lens with a reinforced protective lens barrier. The Fujifilm FinePix XP10 is only 21.7mm thin, and retains the chiselled design of a conventional compact camera.
Fujifilm FinePix XP10 waterproof and shockproof camera
The Fujifilm FinePix XP10 digital camera comes in a choice of three different colors - silver, black and green - making it the perfect camera for an extreme outing or just a relaxing night out on the town. The Fujifilm FinePix XP10 is the ultimate lifestyle camera.
Fujifilm FinePix XP10 digital camera
Consumers can drop it, soak it, freeze it, and even cover it in dirt, and this camera will come out unscathed. Not only is the Fujifilm XP10 waterproof up to 10 feet, but it is also shockproof up to 3 feet, freezeproof up to 14°F and dustproof, giving users total confidence that they can take it with them wherever they go, whatever they are doing, regardless of the conditions.
Fujifilm FinePix XP10 digital camera for any situation
“The Fujifilm XP10 takes our best-selling Z33WP to the next level,” said David Troy, marketing manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, Fujifilm North America Corporation. “With the intense redesign, the Fujifilm XP10 gives users extreme photographic support by providing them with the ability to take their camera into virtually any type of environment without worrying about it getting damaged.”
Photo upload function on the Fujifilm XP10 camera
Now a key consideration for the younger web-savvy generations, the Fujifilm FinePix XP10 features a new Facebook/YouTube Automatic Web Upload function that makes it much faster to post photos on social networking sites. While in playback mode, this feature allows users to ‘mark’ a picture for Facebook or You Tube upload. Then, once the Fujifilm XP10 is connected to a computer with Fujifilm’s MyFinePix Studio software (included), users upload their images and videos and the marked pictures and videos will automatically transfer to the selected site.
Fujifilm FinePix XP10 camera captures HD videos
The Fujifilm FinePix XP10 also offers stunning movies in 720p with sound and high quality stills with one touch ease. Many consumers are happy to enjoy HD videos on their PC, but with the new HD Player (optional extra), which comes equipped with a remote control, families can gather around their home HDTV to enjoy amazingly detailed stills and high resolution movie playback.
Tracking Auto Focus on the Fujifilm XP10 digital camera
Created specifically to capture an action shot, the AF function tracks fast moving subjects so they don’t escape from the frame in a blur. Subjects will be tracked automatically for as long as it is kept in the frame and the shutter is half-pressed; when users fully press the shutter button your subject will be in the centre of the photo in perfect focus.
Fujifilm FinePix XP10 camera features
In addition to these innovations, the Fujifilm FinePix XP10 is loaded with the following features:
• Movie Editing Mode and Blog mode: Get creative and add finishing touches to videos and images, among others, you can choose from B&W, Sepia, or you can even add a dynamic lighting effect, all this in-camera.
• Scene Recognition Auto (SR AUTO): This mode intelligently identifies the scene type and necessary shooting conditions to optimize picture perfect potential.
• Face Detection and Automatic Red-eye Removal: To provide perfectly exposed and focused portrait shots, the Fujifilm FinePix XP10 is fitted with Fujifilm’s latest Face Detection technology which is able to track up to 10 faces simultaneously, at almost any angle to the camera. The system instantly corrects red-eye and then saves both the original and the corrected image file.
• Digital Image Stabilization: Reduces image blur automatically and offers creative adaptability and excellent picture quality.
• Li-ion Rechargeable Battery: The long-life rechargeable Li-ion battery (up to 165 shots) allows for extended use without worrying if the camera is going to last for the duration of the trip.
Fujifilm FinePix XP10 review, price & availability
The Fujifilm FinePix XP10 will be available in late February 2010 at a price of $199.95. An accessory kit containing an adjustable float strap, protective silicone skin and a neoprene sports case will be available in March 2010. As soon as we receive a Fujifilm FinePix XP10 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Fujifilm FinePix XP10 review.