Ilse Jurriën : January 26th 2010 - 17:02 CET
Pentax Optio I-10
Pentax Optio I-10 digital camera : Pentax Imaging Company announces a new digital camera with a unique design, the Pentax Optio I-10. The slim and stylish Pentax Optio I-10 has a design inspired by the classic look of film SLR cameras. This head-turning first model in the new Optio I line features a flash unit and speaker in the upper mid-section of the SLR-shaped body while the camera’s front panel is embellished with high quality leatherette texture and the classic Pentax logo placed front and center. The Pentax Optio I10 features a wide angle, 5X optical zoom lens (28mm-140mm equivalent), a 12.1 megapixel high resolution CCD sensor, a 2.7 inch widescreen LCD, and HD video capture at 720p and 30 FPS. |
Pentax Optio I-10 camera features
For optimal image capture, the camera features a mechanical sensor shift Shake Reduction system and improved Pixel Track Shake Reduction technology for blur-free images as well as Smile Capture, Blink Detection and improved Face Detection that spots up to 32 faces including dogs and cats. Furthermore, the Pentax Optio I-10 offers Eye-Fi connectivity capability for use with Eye-Fi wireless memory cards. The Pentax I-10 is remote control compatible (sold separately) and will ship in February 2010 in a choice of Classic Black and Pearl White for $299.95 USD.
Pentax Optio I-10 features an SLR inspired design
The nostalgic, eye-catching design of the Pentax Optio I-10 resembles classic film SLR cameras. Pentax positioned the flash unit and speaker in the upper mid-section of the camera body to create this original SLR-shaped body, and the leatherette texture and classic 20th century Pentax logo add elegance to the camera design. The Pentax Optio I10 features an optical 5X zoom lens that covers focal lengths from 5.1mm to 25.5mm equivalent in the 35mm format to approximately 28mm wide angle to 140mm telephoto). This wide zoom range allows the Pentax I-10 to capture a wide variety of subjects and scenes from breathtaking landscapes, majestic architecture and group shots in a confined space, to tightly cropped photos shot from a distance. An Intelligent Zoom function allows even tighter zoom on subjects and extends the digital zoom range to approximately 31.3X.
Pentax I-10 improved face detection recognizes dogs and cats
With 12.1 effective megapixels, a high-performance imaging engine, and the camera’s high performance Pentax zoom lens, the Pentax Optio I-10 delivers brilliant, high quality images with well-defined details. Even when enlarged, the images deliver sharp, high-resolution prints with edge-to-edge sharpness. The Pentax Optio I10 features an improved Face Detection AF & AE function that detects up to 32 faces in the image field and captures them all in sharp focus with optimal exposure in just 0.03 seconds. This upgraded Face Detection technology now allows users to adjust the camera to detect dogs and cats. Users may program the camera to automatically release the shutter the moment the subject faces the camera, which is especially helpful for pet photography.
Pentax Optio I10 incorporates a triple anti-shake protection
• CCD-shift-type SR mechanism : The Pentax Optio I-10 incorporates an advanced CCD-shift-type Shake Reduction (SR) mechanism that compensates for camera shake by shifting the camera’s image sensor (CCD) horizontally and vertically in relation to the amount of shake detected by the high-accuracy gyro sensor. This offers outstanding camera shake compensation equivalent to up to 2.5 shutter steps even when shooting telephoto or in lowlight settings such as indoors.
• High-Sensitivity anti-shake mode : The Pentax Optio I10 automatically raises the sensitivity to as high as ISO 6400 in low-lighting conditions in still-image shooting making it possible to use a higher shutter speed. This effectively minimizes the adverse effects of camera shake and subject shake under poor lighting conditions.
• Movie SR mode : Pentax Movie SR mode allows the Pentax I-10 to digitally minimize camera shake to prevent blurry footage in movie recording mode.
HD video recording with the Pentax Optio I-10 camera
The Pentax Optio I-10 captures flawless movie clips at 16:9 high-definition TV proportions (1280 x 720 pixels) at 30 frames per second. This mode also offers a variety of editing functions that allows users to extract still images, divide longer clips, and add title images to video clips. The Pentax Optio I-10 offers new Picture In Picture function, which allows users to display a thumbnail of a recorded image in the upper left corner of the LCD panel. This function is handy when photographers want to reference a recorded image to shoot subjects from the same angle and at the same image size every time (as in food or macro photography) or when users simply want to maintain a favorite image on the screen.
Pentax Optio I-10 digital camera includes 11 digital filters
The Pentax Optio I-10 features 11 digital filters to add various visual effects to recorded images without touching a computer. Filters include Monochrome, Sepia, Toy Camera, Soft filters, and Starburst to create cross, heart or star-shaped highlights from nighttime illuminations or water reflections. Users may apply multiple filters to a single image.
Additional features of the Pentax Optio I-10 digital compact camera
• Eye-Fi connected: optimized for use with Eye-Fi wireless memory cards
• Wireless remote shooting using optional Pentax remote controllers
• Auto Picture mode to automatically select one of the eight shooting modes for best results
• D-Range setting to prevent overexposed and underexposed areas in images
• Original Frame function to add a decorative frame and/or letters/characters to a recorded image
• Digital Panorama mode to create a single panoramic picture from as many as three images
• Digital Wide function to compose an ultra-wide-angle picture (roughly equivalent to an image taken with approximately 21mm lens in the 35mm format) from two images
• Menu Magnification function to enlarge menu items for easier viewing
• MediaImpression 2.0 for Pentax image viewing, editing and filing software included (compatible with latest operation systems, such as Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)
Pentax Optio I-10 review
As soon as we receive a Pentax Optio I-10 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Pentax Optio I-10 review.