Ilse Jurriën : January 26th 2010 - 17:01 CET
Pentax Optio H90
Pentax Optio H90 digital camera : Pentax Imaging Company announces a new digital camera with a unique design, the Pentax Optio H90. The Pentax Optio H90 digital camera with a clean, contemporary design that is as in style in a museum of modern art as at a concert or sporting event. Developed with the concept of “functional beauty” in mind, the fashionable and affordable Pentax H90 offers a full assortment of features to capture a variety of subjects and scenes. This first model in the new Optio H line features a wide angle 5X optical zoom lens (28mm-140mm equivalent), a 12.1 megapixel high resolution CCD sensor, and widescreen HD video capture at 720p and 30 FPS. |
|Pentax Optio H90 digital camera features|
Improved Pixel Track Shake Reduction technology captures blur-free images and the Face Detection, Smile Capture, and Blink Detection functions help users create better portraits. Furthermore, the Pentax Optio H90 offers Eye-Fi connectivity capability for use with Eye-Fi wireless memory cards. The Pentax Optio H90 will ship in February 2010 in a choice of Orange-Silver, Matte Black and Ceramic White for $179.95.
Pentax Optio H90 camera body
Designed with functional beauty in mind, the Pentax Optio H90 features clean, straight lines and easy-to-push round, control buttons. Featuring high quality aluminum alloy and matte paint finish, the body is shaped for a firm, comfortable hold. The Pentax H90 features a high-performance optical 5X zoom lens covering focal lengths from 5.1mm to 25.5mm (equivalent in the 35mm format to approximately 28mm wide angle to 140mm telephoto). With this wide zoom range, the Pentax Optio H90 may be used for a wide variety of subjects and scenes from spectacular landscapes, majestic architecture and group shots within confined spaces to tightly cropped snapshots from a distance. Featuring an Intelligent Zoom function, which allows for even tighter zooming in on the subject, the digital zoom range extends approximately 3X.
12.1 megapixel Pentax H90 with 2.7" LCD monitor
Featuring 12.1 effective megapixels, the Pentax Optio H90 delivers exceptional image resolution with the Pentax-developed high-performance imaging engine for high quality images with well-defined details. Even when images are enlarged, the camera delivers sharp, high-resolution prints with edge-to-edge sharpness. Despite its compact body, the Pentax H90 features a large 2.7 inch high-brightness color LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots. With this large monitor, the user may check results of images and make any desired menu adjustments quickly.
Record HD movies with the Pentax Optio H90 camera
The Pentax Optio H90 captures beautiful, high-definition movie clips (1280 x 720 pixels). The camera is equipped with sophisticated Movie SR (Shake Reduction) mode, which automatically compensates camera shake during movie capture for high quality, stabilized movie clips with minimal effort. The Optio H90’s Face Detection AF & AE function detects up to 32 faces and optimizes focus and exposure settings in a mere 0.03 seconds even when faces are tilted or turned sideways. The Pentax Optio H90 is equipped with a Smile Capture mode that automatically releases the shutter the moment the camera detects the subject’s smile, and a Blink Detection function that alerts users if a subject’s eyes closed at the time of shutter release.
Additional features of the Pentax H90 digital camera
• Eye-Fi connected: optimized for use with Eye-Fi wireless memory cards
• Pixel Track SR (Shake Reduction) mode to effectively compensate for camera shake during still-image shooting
• Auto Picture mode for automatic selection of one of eight shooting modes for optimum results
• Digital filters, including Toy Camera and Retro, to add visual effects to recorded images
• D-Range setting to prevent overexposed and underexposed areas in an image
• Auto-tracking AF mode to keep constant focus on a moving subject
• Digital Panorama mode to create a single panoramic picture from as many as three images
• Digital Wide function to compose an extra-wide-angle picture (equivalent to an image taken with an approx. 21mm lens in 35mm format) from two images.
• Frame Composite function (with 90 frames stored in the camera) to shoot or compose images with decorative photo frames
• Image Recovery function to recover accidentally erased images
• MediaImpression 2.0 for Pentax software for image viewing, editing and filing (compatible with the latest operating systems, including Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)
Pentax Optio H90 review
As soon as we receive a Pentax Optio H90 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Pentax Optio H90 review.