|Panasonic Lumix FP1|
Ilse Jurriën : January 8th 2010 - 18:45 CET
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP1 digital camera : Panasonic announces new Lumix digital cameras for the 2010 line including the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP1 digital camera. The new Panasonic DMC-FP1 has a 4x optical zoom lens with a folded optics design so the front has a flat and stylish design, featuring a newly-adopted lens cover that protects the lens, and also serves as the camera’s power switch. The 12.1 megapixel Panasonic Lumix FP1 features a 2.7” 230,000-dot LCD. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP1 includes Intelligent LCD, which detects the lighting condition and controls the brightness level of the LCD in 11 fine steps, to offer a display with the most appropriate clarity in any situation. |
Easy to take HD photos with the Panasonic Lumix FP1
“The new Panasonic DMC-FP1 digital camera is designed to be sleek in appearance and easy-to-use, perfect for a user who is concerned with the look and style of their digital camera, but does not want to compromise performance,” said David Briganti, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company. “Starting with how the camera is turned on - simply by sliding the lens cover, the Panasonic FP1 is innovative and uniquely designed. Add our Intelligent Auto Mode, making it easy for consumers to take High Definition-quality photos, we are confident the Lumix FP1 will be a standout this year.”
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP1 features an iA mode
Panasonic's popular iA (intelligent auto) mode, a suite of technologies that engage automatically - no setting changes needed by the user - makes it easy for anyone to take beautiful photos. The Panasonic Lumix FP1 includes iA with the following technologies: MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) to help reduce blurry photos due to hand-shake; Intelligent ISO Control to help reduce blur when the subject is moving; Face Detection to ensure registered faces are captured in focus with appropriate exposure and unwanted red eyes are digitally corrected; and Intelligent Scene Selector which automatically selects the best option from six popular Scene modes: Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery and newly added Sunset. To make it even easier, the new Panasonic DMC-FP1 camera features the dedicated iA button, which lets the user engage iA easily with a click of the button.
Panasonic DMC-FP1 records HD videos
New to the Panasonic DMC-FP1 is High Definition (HD) video recording capability at 1280 x 720p at a smooth 30 fps, in addition to WVGA (848 x 480) and normal VGA (640 x 480). The Panasonic FP1 camera is compatible with Windows 7. Also, the camera includes the Venus Engine IV processing engine, which supports a fast response time. The shutter release time lag is approximately 0.007 second. With fast shutter speeds, the Panasonic Lumix FP1 makes it easy to capture sudden, spur-of-the-moment photo opportunities and has a start-up time of approximately 0.97 second.
Panasonic FP1 camera features
• Quick Setting - Allows the users’ most frequently-used settings, such as O.I.S., consecutive shooting, Auto Focus Point, White Balance - to be easily accessed through the “Quick Menu” button. There's no need to open several menu screens to adjust them - the user simply selects convenient icons displayed on the menu.
• Scene Modes: Variety of options, such as Baby, Pet and Sports - lets the user set in this Mode and the camera does the rest. Users can also record the name/birthday of a child or pet and embed the information in the photo and have it printed if desired.
• Photo Frame: Put attractive borders around the photo and when printed, the photos look like postcards in picture frames.
• My Scene - Lets the user customize specific Scene modes that they like best, so they can quickly and conveniently switch instantly to the mode.
• Macro Zoom - Pulls subjects even closer by using 3x digital zoom, and captures even more dramatic close-ups.
• SDXC Computability - Compatible with SDXC Memory Cards, including Panasonic’s newly announced 64 GB and 48 GB SDXC Memory Cards - to enable high capacity content storage and fast data transfer speeds.
• Battery Life - Can take up to 300 images on a single battery charge.
Panasonic Lumix FP1 review & availability
Pricing and availability for the Panasonic Lumix FP1 will be announced 30 days prior to shipping date. The camera is built of solid, high-quality aluminum, and will be available in the following colors: black, red, blue and pink. As soon as we receive a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP1 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Panasonic Lumix FP1 review.