12.1 megapixel Panasonic Lumix FH1 camera
“With the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH1, consumers will be thrilled to see a small, easy-to-use digital camera that does not compromise on quality or advanced features. “We expect first-time buyers who may not be as concerned with a long zoom, but who still demand high performance and ease-of-use will be drawn to the Panasonic DMC-FH1” said David Briganti, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH1 records HD video
The Panasonic Lumix FH1 camera features High Definition (HD) 720p motion jpeg video recording capabilities. By recording 1280 x 720p at a smooth 30 fps, in addition to WVGA (848 x 480) and normal VGA (640 x 480), the Lumix DMC-FH1 makes it easy to view videos on a PC or upload it seamlessly to YouTube with the bundled PHOTOfunSTUDIO version 5.0 software.
Panasonic DMC-FH1 features an iA mode
Panasonic's popular iA mode, a suite of technologies that engage automatically - with no setting changes needed by the user - makes it easy for anyone to take beautiful photos. Panasonic iA includes the following: MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) to help reduce blurry photos due to hand-shake; Intelligent ISO Control to help reduce blur when the subject is moving; Face Detection to ensure registered faces are captured in focus with appropriate exposure and unwanted red eyes are digitally corrected; and Intelligent Scene Selector which selects the best option from: Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery and newly-added Sunset. There is even a dedicated iA button, letting users engage easily with one click. The Panasonic DMC-FH1 also has a 2.7” 230,000-dot Intelligent LCD, meaning the LCD detects the lighting conditions and controls the brightness level in 11 fine steps, to display with the most appropriate setting.
Panasonic FH1 boasts a Venus Engine IV processor
The Panasonic Lumix FH1 includes the Venus Engine IV image processor, which features advanced signal processing technology to produce a fast response time. The shutter release time lag is approximately 0.007 second. The Auto Focus can lock on the subject in minimum 0.35 second.
Panasonic Lumix FH1 camera features
Other features of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH1 digital camera include:
• Quick Setting - Allows the users’ most frequently-used settings, such as O.I.S., consecutive shooting, Auto Focus Point, White Balance - to be easily accessed through the “Quick Menu” button. There's no need to open several menu screens to adjust them - the user simply selects convenient icons displayed on the menu.
• Scene Modes: Baby, Pet and Sports modes let the user choose the setting and the camera does the rest. Users can also record the name/birthday of a child or pet and embed the information in the photo and have it printed if desired.
• Photo Frame: Put attractive borders around the photo and when printed, the photos look like postcards in picture frames.
• My Scene - Lets the user customize specific Scene modes that they like best, so they can quickly and conveniently switch instantly to the mode
• Macro Zoom - Pulls subjects even closer by using 3x digital zoom, and captures even more dramatic close-ups.
• SDXC Computability - Compatible with SDXC Memory Cards, including Panasonic’s newly announced 48 GB and 64 GB SDXC Memory Cards - to enable high capacity content storage and fast data transfer speeds.
• Battery Life - Can take up to 310 images on a single battery charge.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH1 review & price
Pricing and availability for the Panasonic Lumix FH1 will be announced 30 days prior to shipping date. The Panasonic FH1 will be available in silver and black. As soon as we receive a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH1 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an extensive Panasonic Lumix FH1 review.