Ilse Jurriën : November 18th 2009 - 23:39 CET
Casio Exilim EX-G1 digital camera : Casio announce the release of the EX-G1 shock resistant, waterproof, dustproof digital camera - the first in the company's new Exilim G brand of digital cameras. With its smart design featuring functional beauty, the Casio EX-G1 delivers Casio's toughness specifications in a 19.9-mm low-profile camera. Casio first introduced the shock resistant G-Shock wristwatch to the world in 1983. The G-Shock brand has continued to be popular thanks to its rugged toughness and practicality even under severe environmental conditions and its distinctive design. In 2000, Casio launched the G'zOne, a mobile phone featuring toughness specifications, this line-up has been well received for its outstanding shock resistance and waterproof performance. |
Casio EX-G1 shockproof and waterproof digital camera
Casio has given the Exilim G the brand concept of "endurance," expressing its determination to create digital cameras suitable for top athletes and adventurers who never quit challenging both extreme conditions and their own limits. The Casio Exilim EX-G1 was developed to embody this brand concept, using Casio's years of experience creating technologies for shock resistance, waterproofing, and slim-line design.
Casio G1 camera offers interval shooting
With the Casio EX-G1, the shock resistant design elements are found in many spots both inside and out, creating a smart look in a slim-line camera with functional beauty. In addition to a high level of basic performance as a camera with 12.1 effective megapixels for taking high resolution photos, the Casio EX-G1 also features interval shooting and other functions, utilizing toughness specifications. This interval shooting function can automatically take still photos or movies at fixed intervals, enabling users to get great shots when engaged in active sports such as snowboarding or cycling.
Casio EX-G1 digital camera features
• Construction / design : The Casio EX-G1 Features a two-layer construction with an outer body made from stainless steel to withstand shock and a waterproof inner body made from polycarbonate, also reinforced with fiberglass for absorbing shock. The toughness design elements absorb shocks and protect the camera body. They include a resin cover to protect the body side near the shutter, a resin lens ring, and a strap holder made from die-cast zinc.
• Shock resistance : The Casio Exilim G1 offers the world's thinnest profile of 19.9 mm (excluding protruding parts) in a shock resistant digital camera. The Casio G1 camera passed a multiple drop test of 2.13 meters (7 feet) based on Casio's own standard.
• Waterproof / dustproof : The Casio Exilim EX-G1 offers waterproof performance corresponding to IEC/JIS Protection Class 8 (IPX8) waterproofing, and can be used for 60 minutes at a water depth of three meters (10 feet). The Casio EX-G1 also withstands water jets corresponding to IEC/JIS Protection Class 6 (IPX6) waterproofing, and can be directly rinsed under running water. It is also impervious to dust, corresponding to IEC/JIS Protection Class 6 (IP6X) dustproofing.
• Freezeproof : The Casio EX-G1 camera can be used at temperatures as low as -10 °C (14 °F).
Casio Exilim EX-G1 camera body
• Outer body of the Casio EX-G1 has been made from stainless steel to withstand external shocks
• Polycarbonate cover to absorb shocks to the body side near the shutter
• Strap holder made of die-cast zinc to resist shocks
• Rotating lock for securing the external memory slot cover
• Comes with two types of detachable protectors to absorb shocks
Casio G1 internal construction
• Waterproof inner body made from polycarbonate reinforced with fiberglass
• Buckle lock construction to absorb impact, using fewer screws to secure the inner body
• Speaker and microphone with a waterproof filter to keep water out
Casio Exilim EX-G1 lens
• Resin lens ring to ease shocks to the lens area
• Glass lens cover with a multi coating that is water-repellent and prevents light reflection
• Lens mount made from an elastomer with the flexibility to absorb shocks
• High-performance damping material to protect the lens unit from external shocks
Casio EX-G1 LCD panel
• Acrylic plate is 1.5 times thicker to protect the LCD from water pressure and shocks
• Features a resin mount to ease shocks to the LCD panel area
• Best Shot functions befitting a waterproof, shock resistant camera
Interval shooting with the Casio EX-G1
The interval shooting function on the Casio Exilim G1 allows users to automatically take still photos or movies at fixed intervals while engaged in action sports such as cycling, snowboarding, and wind surfing. With the Casio EX-G1, users can take powerful photos from inside the action, the kind which are usually almost impossible to capture. The shooting interval can be set at 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, or 3 minutes, and the capture time for movies may be set at 3, 10, 20, or 30 minutes.
Best Shot function on the Casio Exilim G1
The Best Shot function enables users to take beautiful photos just by selecting the desired subject scene. The Casio EX-G1 includes additional Best Shot settings suitable for various outdoor situations, such as "snow" and "beach" scene settings, which automatically adjust to prevent subject underexposure due to the brightness of snow or sun. There is also an "underwater" setting to control the tendency of underwater photos to come out looking too blue.
Casio EX-G1 review
As soon as we receive a Casio EX-G1 test sample, we will publish a photo gallery with high resolution pictures, followed by an in-depth Casio Exilim EX-G1 review.