|AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm lens|
Ilse Jurriën : July 30th 2009 - 10:50 CET
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II lens : Nikon Corporation announce the upcoming release of the new fast telephoto zoom lens Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II for use with digital- and film-SLR cameras. A number of unique Nikon technologies have been adopted for this zoom lens, including the use of seven ED glass elements, Nano Crystal Coat, a vibration reduction (VR II) system that provides camera shake compensation equivalent to increases in shutter speed by four steps, and a Silent Wave Motor (SWM). The AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm fast telephoto zoom lens provides the excellent performance and superior image quality demanded by professional and advanced amateur photographers.|
Nikon 70-200mm Nikkor lens
With release of this Nikkor lens, Nikon has structured an incomparable Nikkor zoom lens system that also includes the current AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED and AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED for complete coverage of focal lengths from 14mm to 200mm with support for a maximum aperture of f/2.8 throughout the entire range.
AF-S 70-200mm Nikkor telephoto zoom lens
The AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II offers excellent performance throughout its range of focal lengths, from the natural rendering characteristics of mid-range telephoto positions to the compressed perspective of telephoto positions. The new Nikon lens makes the most of a wide variety of scenes, from portraits to staged events as well as sports photography under nighttime lighting, press photography, and scenes that require soft rendering of out-of-focus portions.
AFS Nikkor 70-200mm lens features
The use of seven ED glass elements provides the ultimate in rendering characteristics for capture of images exhibiting excellent resolution and high contrast. The additional use of Nano Crystal Coat effectively suppresses ghost and flare for clear images. Adoption of the Silent Wave Motor (SWM) allows for smooth and quiet autofocusing that makes the most of camera autofocus subject tracking systems. The lens also provides superior operation with three focus modes - M, A/M, M/A - for manual focusing or manually fine-tuning focus acquired with autofocus by simply rotating the lens' focus ring.
AF-S 70-200 mm lens features a vibration reduction system
The vibration reduction system (VR II) provides camera shake compensation equivalent to increases in shutter speed by four steps. Two vibration reduction modes are available:
• NORMAL mode: The vibration reduction mechanism reduces ordinary camera shake. Panning is also supported.
• ACTIVE mode: The vibration reduction mechanism reduces extreme camera shake, such as that which occurs with shooting from a moving vehicle.
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II features
• Vibration reduction (VR II) equivalent to increases in shutter speed by four steps
• A new optical design utilizing seven ED glass elements
• Ghost and flare suppression with Nano Crystal Coat
• A Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for superior autofocus that is smooth and quiet
• Three focus modes built in: M, M/A, A/M
• Aperture diaphragm utilizing an odd number of rounded blades (nine) for natural blur characteristics
• Shooting at distances as close as 1.4 m throughout the entire zoom range
• High-quality exterior design