Ilse Jurriën : June 12th 2009 - 02:00 CET
Fujifilm FinePix Z300
Fujifilm FinePix Z300 digital camera : Fujifilm is proud to announce the launch of their first ever touch-screen digital compact; the 10 Megapixel FinePix Z300. Sleek, chic and loaded with technology, the Fujifilm FinePix Z300 begs to be touched. With features such as Scene Recognition AUTO, a versatile 5x optical zoom lens, Group and Couple self-timer modes, plus its Touch Screen technology and iconic design, the Fujifilm FinePix Z300 is this year’s must have gadget. On the outside, the Fujifilm Z300 oozes luxury, from its retro design and beautifully sculpted curves to the unique sliding lens cover with a cool ‘Z’ motif. The rounded corners of the camera give a smooth and classy exterior and the ultra-flat design means it will neatly fit in to a jean pocket or bag.|
Fujifilm FinePix Z300 camera design
When revealed will make friends’ heads turns. The Fujifilm FinePix Z300 is available in four sophisticated colours with a stylish vertical, contrasting metal strip detail on the lens cover. Choose from Black, White, Purple or Pink. Turn the digital camera over and you’ll see it’s smart and minimalist. The intuitive 3" LCD Touch Screen Panel means there is no need for fussy buttons and dials, just a crystal clear screen to view your images.
Fujifilm Z300 features a touch screen
The Fujifilm FinePix Z300 is a stunning camera. But beauty is more than skin deep. Its real showpiece is the revolutionary multi-touch user interface where users have full control of the camera’s functions with the simple stroke of a finger. The sleek and innovative interface lets users focus, shoot and file and find images by gently caressing the screen:
• Touch and shoot - simply touch the area you want focused and then take the picture.
• Touch and set - control and select all camera´s functionalities using the Touch Screen interface.
• Touch Slide and View - by touching and sliding the touch screen in playback mode, images can be viewed easily and smoothly. Furthermore, the touch screen panel gives easy control of Micro thumbnail View as well as allowing users to crop images in-camera.
Fujifilm Z300 offers an intelligent file management system
Life is too short to be searching through thumbnail after thumbnail to find the picture you’ve been looking for. With the intelligent and intuitive file management system the Fujifilm FinePix Z300 has introduced straightforward ways to search for and file your treasured memories. To find photos users can search through all their images by using the Fujifilm Z300’s search facility. Images can be located by searching by date, face, divided into Couple Search, Close-up Search and Group Search, and Scene Search, split in to Face, Landscape, Night and Macro.
Blog mode on the Fujifilm FinePix Z300
Once your snaps have been captured they can be sorted and managed in-camera using the file management function. A choice of five folders lets users manage their images. The Blog Mode, which resizes images in-camera for easy upload to the web, gives the choice of combining and creating images using four types of template. Targeted to attract the i-Pod generation, the Fujifilm FinePix Z300 is going to be on everyone’s 2009 wish-list.
Fujifilm FinePix Z300 Features
• 3” Touch Screen Panel
• Sleek and modern design
• 10 Megapixels
• 5x optical zoom
• ISO up to 1600
• File Management
Fujifilm FinePix Z300 Technology features
• Scene Recognition AUTO - camera automatically detects the scene - Night, Landscape, Macro, Portrait, Night Portrait and Backlit Portrait - and optimizes settings for best results.
• Couple Timer & Group Timer Modes - camera detects the selected number of faces in a scene (up to four) and automatically takes a picture when all the faces are in the frame.
• Dual Image Stabilisation - combines CCD shift technology with high ISO to minimise image blur.
• Face Detection & auto red-eye removal - detects up to ten faces, optimising focus and exposure for perfect portraits. Any red-eye is automatically removed, too.
• Blog Mode - resizes images for easy upload to the web.
• Micro Thumbnail View - shows up to 100 images on the LCD screen to easily find your favorite shot.
Fujifilm FinePix Z300 review
As soon as we receive a Fujifilm Z300 test sample, we will publish a picture gallery with high resolution photos, followed by an extended Fujifilm FinePix Z300 review.