Ilse Jurriën : September 24th 2008 - 21:40 CET
General Electric E1050TW digital camera : General Imaging, designer and manufacturer of GE branded digital cameras, announced the arrival of its latest model; the GE E1050 TW. Housed in a stainless steel body, the GE E1050TW (Touch & Wide) is a great all rounder with many innovative features, which are destined to make it a ‘best in class’ compact. With the increasingly popularity of flat screen TVs, high street and online retailers will find a ready made market for this camera. The GE E1050TW has already won the prestigious Plus X Award for innovation and ease of use. And it packs a punch in a slim, stylish exterior, with 10.1 mega pixels and 5x optical zoom. It enhances an already strong range, which has models from entry level (A735 and A835) upwards.|
Innovative features of the GE E1050TW
• 3.0’’ touch screen LCD -with auto adjust brightness
• All glass aspheric 28 mm wide-angle lens. (35mm camera equivalent)
• 10.1 megapixels
• 5 x optical zoom
• HD output compatible, with HD picture viewing directly from the camera, eliminating the need for a docking cradle.
• High Definition movie recording (1280 x 720 pixels)
GE E1050 TW camera features
• In camera panorama mode, which allows you to merge three photos to create one wide panoramic shot - ideal for capturing breathtaking views or big groups of people.
• Face, Blink and Smile detection functions, these features will make sure you get fantastic pictures of family and friends - Face detection - The camera detects faces in a scene and then automatically focuses and optimizes exposure for them. The Smile detection feature cleverly waits for the subject to smile before taking the picture whilst Blink detection warns you if someone in the picture has blinked.
• 14 scene modes such as night, landscape, portrait and sunset.
• Image stabilisation - automatically overcomes shaking or blurring caused by hand movement, helping you take clearer, sharper pictures.
• In camera red eye removal - provides users a tool to remove the appearance of red eyes in subjects, which sometimes occurs when pictures are taken using flash.
• Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
• Slim body styling
• Auto-adjust Brightness - Standard on many of our cameras, Auto Adjust Brightness automatically adjusts the camera's LCD viewing screen to the existing lighting conditions. As the ambient lighting becomes stronger, the camera will adjust it so you can frame your picture properly
• Available in silver, black and red
General Imaging has exclusive GE digital camera license
General Imaging has the worldwide, exclusive licence to design, manufacture and distribute digital cameras under the GE brand name. Heading up the European team is Katsuhiko Watanabe, a veteran of the Photo industry with over thirty years experience in many companies including Polaroid, Tokina and Hoya. Commercial Director for Europe is Gary Banks, who says: We recognise that in order to be successful, our cameras need to offer something for all the links in the chain: distributors, retailers and finally the consumer. All of these have a choice, and we need to give each of them a reason to select our product over some very intense competition.”
GE E1050TW features panorama stitching
The GE digital camera proposition fits this brief and ensures that all parties are well catered for. In addition, with features such as the panorama stitching there are opportunities for retailers to sell other services to consumers - and to get them back to the store. Selling panorama prints, special frames and enlargements means repeat visits.
GE digital camera range
The full GE Digital Camera range:
• GE A735 / GE A835 / GE A1030: Entry level digital cameras with a host of great features; 7 / 8 / 10 mega pixels, 3x optical zoom, 4.5x digital zoom, 2.5 inch LCD
• GE E840s: Slim and perfectly designed, a best in class model; 8 mega pixels, 4x optical zoom, 4.5x digital zoom, 2.7 inch LCD
• GE E1035: High performance - great design; 10 mega pixels, 3x optical zoom, 4.5x digital zoom, 2.7 inch LCD
• GE E1050TW: Versatile and sophisticated with HDMI Connectivity; 5x optical wide angle zoom, 3’’ touch-screen LCD technology, 10 mega pixels, 4.5x digital zoom
• GE E1055W: attractively designed with 10.1 mega pixels and an extra large 3 inch high resolution LCD screen and aspheric all-glass lens
• GE E1235: High technology and performance; 12 mega pixels, 3x optical zoom, 4.5x digital zoom, 2.7 inch LCD
• GE G2: Refined style and spectacular design - one of the slimmest and lightest cameras on the market; 8 mega pixels, 4x optical zoom, 4.5x digital zoom, 2.7 inch LCD