Ilse Jurriën : September 24th 2008 - 21:35 CET
General Electric A1030 digital camera : General Imaging, designer and manufacturer of GE branded digital cameras, announced the arrival of its latest ‘A’ series model; the GE A1030. The new A1030 is a small camera that packs a big punch with its easy to use advanced features such as; face detection, blink and smile detection, image stabilisation, in-camera panoramic stitching, MPEG4 movie with sound and red-eye removal, as well as 14 different scene modes. The 2.5 inch LCD screen on this slim styled 10 mega pixel digital camera with 3 x optical zoom and 4.5 x digital zoom means the GE A1030 is an exceptional addition to the existing range and adds a new dimension to the ‘A’ range that are all powered by AA batteries.|
GE A1030 camera features
• In camera panorama mode, which allows you to merge three photos to create one wide panoramic shot - ideal for capturing breathtaking views or big groups of people.
• Face, Blink and Smile detection functions, these features will make sure you get fantastic pictures of family and friends –Face detection - The camera detects faces in a scene and then automatically focuses and optimizes exposure for them. The Smile detection feature cleverly waits for the subject to smile before taking the picture whilst Blink detection warns you if someone in the picture has blinked.
• 14 scene modes such as night, landscape, portrait and sunset.
• Image stabilisation - automatically overcomes shaking or blurring caused by hand movement, helping you take clearer, sharper pictures.
• In camera red eye removal - provides users a tool to remove the appearance of red eyes in subjects, which sometimes occurs when pictures are taken using flash.
• Slim body styling
• Auto-adjust Brightness - Standard on many of our cameras, Auto Adjust Brightness automatically adjusts the camera's LCD viewing screen to the existing lighting conditions. As the ambient lighting becomes stronger, the camera will adjust it so you can frame your picture properly
• Available in silver, black and red
General Imaging has exclusive GE digital camera license
General Imaging has the worldwide, exclusive licence to design, manufacture and distribute digital cameras under the GE brand name. Heading up the European team is Katsuhiko Watanabe, a veteran of the Photo industry with over thirty years experience in many companies including Polaroid, Tokina and Hoya. Commercial Director for Europe is Gary Banks, who says: We recognise that in order to be successful, our cameras need to offer something for all the links in the chain: distributors, retailers and finally the consumer. All of these have a choice, and we need to give each of them a reason to select our product over some very intense competition.”
GE A1030 features panorama stitching
The GE digital camera proposition fits this brief and ensures that all parties are well catered for. In addition, with features such as the panorama stitching there are opportunities for retailers to sell other services to consumers - and to get them back to the store. Selling panorama prints, special frames and enlargements means repeat visits.
GE digital camera range
The full GE Digital Camera range:
• GE A735 / GE A835 / GE A1030: Entry level digital cameras with a host of great features; 7 / 8 / 10 mega pixels, 3x optical zoom, 4.5x digital zoom, 2.5 inch LCD
• GE E840s: Slim and perfectly designed, a best in class model; 8 mega pixels, 4x optical zoom, 4.5x digital zoom, 2.7 inch LCD
• GE E1035: High performance - great design; 10 mega pixels, 3x optical zoom, 4.5x digital zoom, 2.7 inch LCD
• GE E1050TW: Versatile and sophisticated with HDMI Connectivity; 5x optical wide angle zoom, 3’’ touch-screen LCD technology, 10 mega pixels, 4.5x digital zoom
• GE E1055W: attractively designed with 10.1 mega pixels and an extra large 3 inch high resolution LCD screen and aspheric all-glass lens
• GE E1235: High technology and performance; 12 mega pixels, 3x optical zoom, 4.5x digital zoom, 2.7 inch LCD
• GE G2: Refined style and spectacular design - one of the slimmest and lightest cameras on the market; 8 mega pixels, 4x optical zoom, 4.5x digital zoom, 2.7 inch LCD