Ricoh GX200 digital compact camera features
Already a popular part of the Ricoh Caplio GX100, the high-resolution wide-angle lens unit has been further configured to enable picture taking at an even higher resolution. With a large wide-viewing angle 2.7-inch 460,000 dots HVGA LCD and an electronic level function, for horizontal and vertical shooting, the Ricoh GX200 contains extensive shooting functions to enable camera lovers to enjoy and create stunning photographs.
Ricoh GX200 VF Kit with numerous accessories
The Ricoh GX200 compact camera comes in two package types with different accessories. The Ricoh GX200 package contains: rechargeable lithium ion battery, battery charger, AV cable, USB cable, CD-ROM, strap, and lens cap. The Ricoh GX200 VF KIT package contains all the above accessories plus the electronic viewfinder.
Greater image quality with the Ricoh GX200
• An effective 12 megapixel high-performance 1/1.7-inch CCD has been newly installed, with each pixel comes increased resolution.
• The new image processing engine Smooth Imaging Engine III allows for greater control over the noise reduction process by the photographer without sacrificing resolution or saturation.
• High image quality combined with a lens with greater backlight capability.
• The new 2.7-inch, 460,000-dots high-resolution LCD has a wide viewing angle and high contrast for distinct, easy viewing even outdoors. When thumbnail images are displayed, even the small 1/20 size images are clearly reproduced.
Ricoh GX200 incorporates level setting
• If the level setting is set on, when the camera is level, the level indicator becomes green in the picture display. Being able to check whether the image is level while looking at the display can be useful for keeping the camera level when composing pictures of landscapes, buildings, and other scenes where the horizon is visible.
• It is possible to check whether the camera is level using the level sound setting.
• The electronic level can also be utilized while using the viewfinder.
Extensive shooting functions on the Ricoh GX200
• Expanding buffer memory has made continuous shooting of up to five images possible in RAW mode, and it is also now possible to use the bracketing function to automatically change exposure settings when shooting in RAW mode. Other expanded RAW shooting capabilities include the ability to shoot 1:1 aspect ratio (vertical/horizontal ratio) format photography in RAW mode.
• The number of mode dial “My Settings” options for defining your own shooting settings has increased to three. (There were two on the Caplio GX100.)
• There are now one-push mode change function buttons both on the top surface and as one of the rear-surface cross keys. These buttons can be used for customized settings to, for example, to switch from JPEG to RAW or from colour to B&W. You can switch quickly to your preferred shooting mode when confronted with a sudden photo opportunity.
• The AF target shift function, which before could only be used in macro shooting, is now also available in normal shooting. Without moving the camera, it is possible to shift the target for AF or AE or both.
• The flash is manually raised by sliding the open switch. Flash functions on the GX200 have been further expanded with a light intensity adjustment function (-2.0 EV to +2.0 EV), a manual flash function in which intensity can be set, and a flash synchro setting where flash timing can be set as „1st Curtain“ or „2nd Curtain.“
• An auto rotate function makes it easier to view images on the picture display.
• Even in high-contrast situations, the camera can use an auto level correction function to achieve an appropriate level of brightness while reducing areas that are overly bright or dark.
• There is a distortion correction function (on/off selection possible) to automatically correct image distortion during shooting also usable with 19 mm conversion lens.
• When in aperture priority mode, an auto aperture shift function will automatically adjust the aperture setting to prevent overexposure.
Additional options on the Ricoh GX200 camera
• Lens cap (LC-1) opens and closes automatically in sync with lens movement.
• 135 mm equivalent tele conversion lens (TC-1) with built-in hood. Filter attachment possible.
When the tele conversion lens is attached, vignetting will occur when the zoom is not set to full telephoto.
Ricoh Caplio GX200 - Removable electronic viewfinder
• A removable and tiltable electronic viewfinder can be attached (included in GX200 VF KIT).
• The field of view provides 100% coverage without parallax and can display the same information as on the LCD picture display.
• It is convenient for shooting in bright outdoor environments and enables shooting to be done in a conventional film camera style.
Ricoh GX200 Options
• Rechargeable batteries DB-60
• Battery charger BJ-6
• AC adapter AC-4c
• LCD viewfinder VF-1
• Wide conversion lens DW-6
• Hood and adapter HA-2
• Soft case SC-45
• Neck strap ST-2
• Cable switch CA-1
• Self retaining lens cap LC-1
Ricoh GX200 Price & Availability
Ricoh GX200 with electronic viewfinder included, will be available in the beginning of July 2008 at £399.99 inc vat. Ricoh GX200 Standard is available at £ 349.99.