Ilse Jurriën : January 29th 2008 - 05:00 CET
Nikon D60 digital SLR camera : Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the D60, one of the smallest Nikon digital SLRs ever. The Nikon D60 makes it fun and easy to take breathtaking pictures while also offering plenty of features for those who want to deepen their interest in creative shooting. With a split-second shutter response, the Nikon D60 captures pictures that cameras with longer time lags miss. Ease of use and creative options both come standard with the Nikon D60, whose exclusive Nikon technologies help deliver high-quality pictures with vibrant color and stunning, edge-to-edge detail. Such superior results are achieved through a high-resolution image sensor utilizing 10.2 megapixels and the world-famous Nikkor lenses delivering razor-sharp pictures.|
Nikon D60 SLR camera - EXPEED image processing concept
Many cutting-edge Nikon features enhance your picture-taking experience. Nikon’s advanced 3D Color Matrix Metering II ensures consistently balanced exposures for images with natural color and contrast, while Nikon’s new digital image processing concept, EXPEED, makes it possible to deliver smoother tones and more accurate colors. Nikon’s fast, quiet and precise autofocus system adds significantly to the performance of the D60, capturing exact moments with astounding clarity.
Nikon D60 - Image Sensor Cleaning & Airflow Control System
Such clarity is reinforced by Nikon’s dust reduction countermeasures. To avoid picture-degrading dust particles accumulating near the imaging sensor, the Nikon D60 comes equipped with the innovative Image Sensor Cleaning function and Nikon’s exclusive Airflow Control System. These functions both reduce dust accumulation to give you even better picture quality.
Nikon D-60 SLR - Fun & Creative photography
In addition to new dust reduction features, the Nikon D60 offers a variety of ways to experience more fun and creativity when taking pictures. Users can easily capture dynamic images in different shooting situations with a simple turn of the mode dial. The Retouch Menu offers even more creative excitement, letting you change your pictures into even more striking images - all fast, all simple and all without the need for a computer.
Dust Reduction integrated into Nikon D60 reflex camera
Compact and comfortable, the Nikon D60 has so much to offer: amazing picture quality, simple operation, an Integrated Dust Reduction System for clearer pictures and an extensive selection of creative features. The result: fun, fantastic and inspired pictures. The world of stunning photography is just a step away, with the Nikon D60.
Nikon D60 image sensor - 10.2 Megapixel resolution
The Nikon D60’s image sensor utilizes 10.2 megapixels to produce superb, high-quality images with incredible resolution, allowing you to make large prints, even if you only use part of an image. And thanks to EXPEED, Nikon’s unique digital image processing concept, your pictures will contain fine detail and smooth, natural tonal reproduction.
Nikon D 60 DSLR camera - Dust reduction
The Airflow Control System used in the Nikon D60 leads air within the mirror box towards small ducts near the base, directing dust away from the image sensor. The Image Sensor Cleaning function also reduces dust accumulation near the sensor using specifically determined vibrations, which activate automatically or whenever the user chooses. This team of dust reduction countermeasures lets the user switch lenses confidently, taking advantage of the extensive lineup of Nikkor interchangeable optics while worrying less about the effects of dust in the camera.
Nikon D60 SLR - Active D-Lighting function
The Nikon D60’s new Active D-Lighting feature can adjust the look of the final image while you shoot. This automatic process works in the highlight and shadow areas, compensating for difficult lighting conditions and producing optimized exposures with rich, smooth detail.
Nikon D60 dSLR - Body design & LCD monitor
The Nikon D60 is not just compact; its shape is ergonomically designed to fit in your hand naturally and comfortably. The body design is inherited from the highly regarded Nikon D40 series. The bright and clear viewfinder ensures precise composition, while the large, 2.5-in. LCD monitor displays an easy-to-use menu system with a wide viewing angle so that anyone can navigate the settings and view images with ease. The new Eye Sensor function turns off the LCD monitor when the viewfinder is used. When the user moves away from the viewfinder, the LCD monitor turns on again automatically.
Nikon D60 camera - In-camera editing features
The Nikon D60’s Retouch Menu offers many exclusive in-camera editing features to choose from. Use the Filter Effects option to intensify a color (Red/Green/Blue) of your choice, or try the Cross Screen feature to produce star-like lines radiating from brightly lit objects in the image. In-camera NEF (RAW) processing is also available. RAW format images are “developed” within the camera after shooting, allowing you to control specific aspects of your pictures, such as image quality, image size and white balance. With the new Stop-motion feature, a stop-motion animation (the consecutive playback of still images) can be created from a sequence of images (in JPEG format). Also included is a convenient Quick Retouch option, which enhances contrast and saturation, to improve images without using a computer. The D60’s extensive Retouch Menu increases the fun and creative freedom of using a digital SLR.
Nikon D60 system reflex camera - Other features
• Fast, 0.19-second power-up to respond to every photographic opportunity
• Split-second shutter response eliminates the annoyance of shooting lag
• Fast continuous shooting mode - up to 100 JPEG images at 3 frames per second
• Advanced three-point AF system offers fast, efficient and precise autofocus
• Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II for ideal exposures in almost any lighting situation
• Bright and clear viewfinder with 0.8x magnification for precise composition
• Long-life rechargeable lithium-ion battery - up to 500 images with the R709 on a single charge
Nikon D60 system reflex camera - Other features
• Digital Vari-Programs that adjust camera settings automatically for scene-specific pictures : Auto, Auto (Flash Off), Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close Up, and Night Portrait
• Manual control over shutter speed and aperture: P (Programmed Auto), S (Shutter-priority Auto), A (Aperture-priority Auto) and M (Manual)
• Built-in flash with Nikon’s dependable i-TTL flash control, supporting Auto flash, Red-eye reduction, Slow sync, Rear curtain sync and Flash exposure compensation
• Simultaneous recording of NEF (RAW) and JPEG basic data of the same image
• Camera setting menus can be customized to suit individual preferences
• Imprint date function prints the date of capture directly on the picture
• Electronic rangefinder display - indicates also focus distance when using manual focus mode
Nikon D60 digital SLR - Lens compatibility & Accessories
• Fully compatible with AF-S and AF-I Nikkor lenses, equipped with an autofocus motor
• Compatible with most F-mount Nikkor lenses when using manual focus mode)
• Supports the Nikon Creative Lighting System when using the SB-800, SB-600, SB-400, SB-R200 or the Wireless Close-Up Speedlight system R1C1. Offers accurate exposures via i-TTL flash
• Optional Wireless Remote Control ML-L3 for easy remote shutter release
Included Nikon ViewNX software lets you share, organize and edit pictures with ease
Other introduced Nikon digital cameras
• Nikon D60
• Nikon Coolpix P60
• Nikon Coolpix S600
• Nikon Coolpix S550
• Nikon Coolpix S520
• Nikon Coolpix S210
• Nikon Coolpix L18
• Nikon Coolpix L16
• Nikon Coolpix cameras
Newly introduced Nikon Nikkor lenses
• Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm Tilt/Shift lens
• Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm VR Wide Zoom lens
• Nikon AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm lens
Nikon D60 SLR
Nikon D60 menu
Nikon D60 case
Nikon D60 battery pack