Ilse Jurriën : January 24th 2008 - 09:05 CET
Fujifilm FinePix S8100fd
Fujifilm FinePix S8100fd digital camera : Fujifilm announced the launch of the long zoom, SLR-styled FinePix S8100fd digital camera, which combines user-friendliness with long-zoom versatility and high speed shooting modes that are rarely found in non-professional models. Continuing on the success of the Fuji FinePix S8100fd, the 10 Megapixel Fuji FinePix S8100fd integrates a Fujinon 18x wide angle optical zoom fixed lens, letting the user achieve greater range than ever before and offers everything from true wide angle to extreme telephoto in a single compact unit. The sealed, fixed-lens system prevents dust contamination and eliminates the need for additional zoom or wide angle lenses, making it an easy-to-use, affordable alternative to the complex D-SLR system. |
Fujifilm FinePix S8100fd - 18x zoom lens
The Fujifilm S8100fd's 18x zoom lens (27mm-486mm equivalent) – first seen on the FinePix S8100fd - is ready for every possible photographic challenge, from landscapes and interiors to wildlife and sports action. The wide angle is perfect for large group shots and sweeping holiday landscapes; the long telephoto lens is capable of picking out a single face on a distant stage or playing field, offering an unparalleled range of creative opportunities without the need for add-on lenses or adapters.
Fujifilm S8100fd - Face Detection Technology
Fujifilm’s award-winning Face Detection Technology has enabled a number of advanced features that will excite both novice and more experienced photographers and make getting perfect portraits easier than ever. Face Detection operates by identifying and prioritising up to 10 faces in a frame and then adjusting the focus and exposure accordingly to ensure the sharpness and clarity of human subjects in the picture, regardless of background. After the shot is captured the new automatic red-eye removal feature instantly checks each detected face for red-eye and if it’s found, corrects it in the camera automatically, saving the time-consuming process of fixing it in your PC after the image is downloaded.
Fujifilm FinePix S8100 fd - Instant Zoom function
A new Instant Zoom function captures moving subjects at high zoom settings. After zooming on a subject, a single button gives an additional 1.4x or 2x digital zoom at the centre focus region of the frame. Zoom Bracketing performs a similar action using Fujifilm’s Face Detection Technology to lock its zoom action on a subject’s face automatically as it enters the shot.
Fuji FinePix S8100fd - Dual Image Stabilisation
The Fujifilm FinePix S8100fd features Fujifilm’s Dual Image Stabilisation combining mechanical sensor shift stabilisation with Fujifilm’s Picture Stabilisation Technology, which uses fast shutter speeds and ISO levels of up to ISO 6400 (at 5 Megapixels) for total anti-blur protection. As a result the FinePix S8100fd produces sharp, blur-free photographs even in low light conditions.
Fujifilm S8100fd - Continuous Shooting Mode
A Continuous Shooting Mode makes it easy to shoot moving subjects such as pets, kids and sports. This new feature allows high-speed shooting of up to 33 frames at 13.5 frames per second (at 3 megapixels; 6.8 frames per second at 5 megapixels). With high-speed playback at 10 frames per second you can be sure you’ve captured all of the action.
Fujifilm FinePix S8100fd - Features
• i-Flash: i-Flash Intelligent Flash detects subtle lighting differences within a scene and then varies the flash intensity accordingly. It also uses the high sensitivity of the FinePix S8100fd to enable the camera to use less flash, resulting in an image that displays natural tones without a washed-out effect. With an automatic pop-up flash, it’s always ready when you need it
• Full manual photographic control: Photo enthusiasts and advanced photographers have total control with manual adjustment options for various camera settings including resolution, ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and more
• Scene modes: 13 pre-programmed scene modes for a variety of shooting conditions
• Super Macro Mode: Full-frame close-ups are easy with this new feature that lets the photographer to get as close as 1cm (0.4 inch)
• Dual Shot Mode: In this mode, the Fujifilm FinePix S8100fd quickly shoots two images in succession - one with and one without flash - saving both. In order to decide later on whether the Fujifilm S8100fd produced the best shot with or without flash
• Movie Mode: VGA quality 30 frames per second with sound
• High resolution LCD: The 2.5” Wide View LCD display offers 230 pixels of high resolution with a 60 frames per second refresh rate for smooth viewing
• Electronic viewfinder (EVF): In addition to framing your shots with the 2.5” high resolution LCD, the Fuji FinePix S8100fd also offers a high resolution electronic viewfinder to eye up the best shot with an astonishing 60 fps refresh rate for smooth viewing
• xD/SD/SD-HC compatible slot: The Fujifilm FinePix S8100fd features an xD / SD compatible slot, accepting xD-Picture cards but also Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity/SD-HC cards
• Operates on 4xAA batteries: The ultimate in convenience and accessibility, using AA batteries means in a pinch, more batteries are just moments away
Fujifilm FinePix S8100 fd - Big Zoom camera
"The Fuji FinePix S8100fd set the standard for ‘big zoom’ consumer compacts,” said Adrian Clarke, Fujifilm's Director of Digital Products. “The Fujifilm FinePix S8100fd builds on this successful formula, adding genuinely useful new features and offering an affordable and uniquely versatile alternative to the bulk and expense of a digital SLR system.”
Other introduced Fujifilm digital cameras
• Fujifilm FinePix S100FS
• Fujifilm FinePix S8100fd
• Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd
• Fujifilm FinePix F100fd
• Fujifilm FinePix Z20fd
• Fujifilm FinePix J50
• Fujifilm FinePix J10