Ilse Jurriën : January 24th 2008 - 09:03 CET updated
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd digital camera : Following the long line of award-winning F-Series models, Fujifilm announced the most accomplished model in the range yet, the FinePix F100fd digital camera. Combining a 12 Megapixel 8th Generation Super CCD with a powerful Fujinon 5x wide angle optical zoom lens, a 2.7” high-resolution 230,000 pixel wide angle view LCD, the Fujifilm FinePix F100fd is one of the most sophisticated compact digital cameras Fujifilm has ever produced. It offers the most advanced technologies available, including Wide Dynamic Range, Dual Image Stabilisation, Face Detection 3.0 Technology with automatic red-eye removal and ISO settings of up to an unprecedented ISO 12800 - so missing great shots is not an option.|
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd - Wide Dynamic Range
It is the perfect camera for the serious photographer looking for a no-compromise compact digital camera that is well above the average model. Dynamic Range, or the gradations of light that exist between bright and dark in any scene, can be easily detected by the human eye, but not by most cameras. Fujifilm first expanded dynamic range capture functionality on the professional imaging side with its Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro digital camera. The technology, now perfected in the EISA Award-winning FinePix S5 Pro, has been brought to the consumer in the Fuji FinePix F100fd.
Fujifilm F100 fd - Super CCD HR VIII sensor
Through a combination of advances in Fujifilm’s new Super CCD HR VIII sensor and RP (Real Photo) Processor III, this wide dynamic range dramatically broadens tonal capability and guarantees exceptional rendition of photos with both bright highlights and dark shadows. This expansion of sensitivity captures greater detail, and subtle nuances of brightness and tonality that bring the photo closer to what the human eye actually sees helping to avoid the ‘white sky’ effect caused by the loss of fine highlight detail.
Fujifilm FinePix F100 fd - Face Detection 3.0
The Fujifilm F100fd is also equipped with Fujifilm’s proprietary Face Detection 3.0 technology featuring automatic red-eye removal. As with the original version of Face Detection, it can detect up to 10 human faces in a scene in as little as .035 seconds, automatically correcting focus, exposure, and white balance, regardless of where subjects are located within the frame. Now the Fujifilm FinePix F100fd is able to identify faces at much more extreme camera angles than before. The camera can register faces with up to 90O movement in either direction for profiles, and with rotations of up to 360O. After the shot is taken, the system instantly corrects red-eye as fast as 0.1 second and then saves both the original and the corrected image file automatically.
Fuji FinePix F100fd - Dual Image Stabilisation
The Fujifilm FinePix F100fd features Fujifilm’s Dual Image Stabilisation mode, which combines a mechanically stabilised Super CCD sensor with high ISO sensitivities for total anti-blur protection. The combination of these technologies reduces the blurring effect of both hand-shake and subject movement even further to provide the highest quality digital pictures yet, with sharp, clean and clear results no matter what the shooting conditions.
Fujifilm FinePix F100 fd - ISO sensitivity
Thanks to the 8th generation FinePix Super CCD HR chip and the RP Processor III, the Fuji FinePix F100fd can utilise ISO settings of up to ISO 3200 at full resolution and an amazing ISO 12800 at reduced resolution, capturing stunning images even in low light, while preserving the natural colour and clarity of the shot.
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd - Features
• 12 megapixel Super CCD HR VIII and RP (Real Photo) Processor III: Ultra high resolution for razor-sharp results and unrivalled dynamic range
• 5x Fujinon zoom lens: Powerful and versatile shooting options
• Face Detection Technology 3.0 with intelligent red-eye removal: Even faster than before
• Dual Image Stabilisation: Combine mechanical image stabilisation with the effects produced with higher ISO (up to an amazing ISO 12,800)
• Continuous Shooting: Top/Final 3 at 1.7 frames per second at full resolution and Top/Final 12 at 5 frames per second at 3 Megapixels
• High speed playback: No waiting for high-resolution images to load during play back. The FinePix F100fd can display images at full resolution at 10 frames per second
• Portrait Enhancer Mode: Mimicking a professional photo studio setting, by using Face Detection and preset camera settings, Portrait Enhancer minimises fine lines and small skin blemishes for smooth, natural looking portraits
• Dual Shot Mode: In this selectable mode, the Fujifilm FinePix F100fd quickly shoots two images in rapid succession - one with the flash and one without - and saves both. This convenient function lets users perform a comparison and select the most pleasing image
• Special scene modes: The Fujifilm F100fd has 16 pre-programmed scenes, including a special underwater scene mode for use with a special underwater casing and a Blog mode that automatically reduces the size of copied images for easy posting to a Blog, Web page or Email
• Micro Thumbnail: A playback feature that allows for viewing an index-style print on the LCD. The Fujifilm F100fd will show up to 100 images in micro form, then the control buttons are used to select specific images. An innovative wheel navigation dial makes it easy to quickly find a single image by being able to jump to particular segments of images in the time sequence
• IrSimple: Infrared communication via IrSimple for wireless image transfer to a compatible device
• xD/SD/SD-HC compatible slot: The Fujifilm FinePix F100fd features a xD/SD compatible slot which accepts not only Fujifilm’s traditional xD-Picture cards but also Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity/SD-HC cards too
Fuji FinePix F100fd - Real Photo Technology
The secret to the FinePix F100fd's class-leading image quality is Fujifilm's unique Real Photo Technology (RPT). The guiding principles behind RPT are simple; to set the highest possible standards for overall image quality, to expand digital photography opportunities and to give users fewer wasted shots. RPT is an umbrella term for the combination of cutting edge technologies such as the Super CCD sensor, Real Photo Processor and Fujinon lens, all optimised to work together to produce the most natural, beautiful results in any conditions. As one of the largest imaging companies worldwide, Fujifilm is in a position to develop and to manufacture these components themselves, and it is this control over the design of the entire system that makes RPT so powerful.
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd - Great image quality
Real Photo Technology cameras are designed from the ground up to capture 'real' photographs with stunning quality - giving users the power to capture the moment exactly as the eye sees it, no matter how challenging the shooting conditions. With the human eye as the ideal, RPT continues to evolve and to set even higher standards for digital photography.
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd - Ultimate performance
Adrian Clarke, Fujifilm's Director of Digital Products, said: "Fujifilm’s ‘F’ series models have long been the compact camera of choice for serious photographers who demand the ultimate performance. The Fujifilm FinePix F100fd is the result of Fujifilm’s commitment to image quality and innovation, and boasts features not normally found outside the professional arena, and is the best ‘F’ camera yet.”
Other introduced Fujifilm digital cameras
• Fujifilm FinePix S100FS
• Fujifilm FinePix S8100fd
• Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd
• Fujifilm FinePix F100fd
• Fujifilm FinePix Z20fd
• Fujifilm FinePix J50
• Fujifilm FinePix J10