Ralf Jurrien : October 12th 2007 - 17:37 CET
Digital home protection system
Digital home protection system from InGrid : InGrid, the leading innovator and developer of digital home protection services, announced the direct to consumer availability of its Digital Home Protection system. The next generation in home security uses portable, digital technology and fully-integrated broadband providing a nearly impossible to defeat system that can now be purchased from InGrid’s Web site. InGrid makes traditional home security systems obsolete and will unleash a multi-million dollar revenue opportunity for broadband service providers in the future. InGrid’s Digital Home Protection will enable broadband providers to reach the 60-plus million US homes that have broadband internet access but no home protection. |
|Digital home protection|
As the only solution delivering the full benefits of broadband integration, InGrid is expected to double the size of the existing $8 billion analog security market. The company is currently in trials with leading broadband service providers to bundle InGrid’s Digital Home Protection product to their existing service offerings.
Home protection with two-way broadband connection
InGrid’s easy-to-install and manageable home protection system offers consumers a more secure platform to keep their families and homes safe. It maintains constant communication through a two-way broadband connection with InGrid’s servers and monitoring center, creating a whole new category of digital home protection.
The Protection Heartbeat which is always on and always connected to send data back and forth to InGrid’s servers several times per minute. InGrid watches for any small changes in the components-grid controllers, sensors, and communication paths, and sends alerts if there’s a problem.
Professional 24/7 monitoring
Professional 24/7 Monitoring and interaction from the world’s largest privately-held Security Company, Guardian Protection Services, keeping consumers connected to emergency services when needed. InGrid also has multiple communication paths from the home to the monitoring center for added protection- broadband, phone, and soon-to-come, wireless.
InGrid digital home protection system
No Single Point of Vulnerability ensures the system cannot be defeated by intruders in seconds, unlike most security systems. InGrid has system redundancy with multiple control points and no master control panel, which is known to be defeatable by intruders in seconds.
Digital home protection - Website access & Control
Website Access and Control that allows consumers to customize, manage and monitor their home protection systems as well as deploy non-emergency sensors through a password protected portal (myingrid.com) from anywhere in the world. Consumers can even configure for non-emergency alerts such as liquor cabinets.
E-mail & Cell phone notifications
E-mail and Cell Phone Notifications that can be customized to send emergency or non-emergency alerts via e-mail to a subscriber’s personal e-mail account or messages to any PDA or cell phone. Personalized Non-emergency Chime Alerts that send indoor alerts to notify if a front door is opened or a child opens a dangerous cabinet.
Home Connect which enables consumers to link multiple Digital Home Protection systems together through InGrid’s servers, expanding their protection to include vacation properties and homes of loved ones. Networking systems of neighbors together can also create a “virtual neighborhood town watch”.
Digital home protection system
“InGrid Digital Home Protection was developed as the result of seeing the many shortcomings of today’s analog security systems, such as high vulnerability to intruders, high cost of installation and low levels of customer satisfaction,” said Louis Stilp InGrid’s CEO and founder. “Our products are designed to give our customers a safer, more reliable protection service as well as improved consumer experiences on every level.” Each InGrid kit comes with quick, easy step-by-step instructions and illustrations that guide installation and activation in less than 90 minutes. The digital home protection system also streams up-to-the-minute weather forecasts, keeping homeowners aware of what’s going on outside of their home. The sleek design of the InGrid wireless products changes the way home protection looks while the “grid of protection” changes the way it operates.
InGrid home protection Specifications
Products making up this system include:
• The InGrid Base is the primary connection to the internet with back-up phone connection for added security. The Base operates as one of the main grid controllers and can charge.
• The InGrid Handset is a cordless telephone that features a unique keypad for controlling and managing the system from anywhere in and around the home. It also has the accident-proof “panic” button to ensure emergency services are always in arm’s reach.
• The InGrid Console functions as an additional security system interface with multiple features including speakerphone, intercom system and baby room monitoring option. It also can be connected to other homes, receive notifications, messages, and up- to-the-minute weather.
• Grid Extenders communicate wirelessly with other components to extend the grid of protection; each also has a Telco connection to provide a redundant backup connection to the central monitoring system.
• Wireless Sensors are placed on windows and doors to notify the Grid Controllers when there is a change or breach. Each with up to a ten-year battery life, sensors can also be used for non-emergency monitoring, including monitoring areas of the home that require protection from children such as liquor cabinets or cabinets with potentially dangerous chemicals from household cleaning supplies.
• The Key Chain Remote operates as a two-way remote to arm and disarm the system after leaving and before entering the home. Each family member can be assigned their own remote code, allowing for system access and monitoring of who enters and leaves the home.
• MyInGrid is the Web site dashboard that allows InGrid owners to connect to their system online from any PC, giving them full access and system control to arm or disarm, customize, add or remove access codes, monitor as family and hired help enter and leave the home, and more.
InGrid home protection system - Price
The introductory price for a one-year contract of the InGrid “Home Kit” built for standard sized homes covering up to 2,500 square feet is $299. The InGrid “Basic Kit”, built for smaller homes, offices and apartments covering up to 1,500 square feet is $199. InGrid’s scalability allows for additional sensors to be purchased and customized for each customer’s home, making the system adaptable to any type or size of home or office layout. InGrid’s 24/7 monitoring service will operate at a billing rate of $29.99/month.