Dennis Hissink : October 2nd 2007 - 20:03 CET
|Pentax Optio V10
Pentax Optio V10 : Pentax Corporation is pleased to announce the Pentax Optio V10, a compact camera that is equipped with a large 3.0-inch LCD monitor for enhanced usability and easy viewing. The Pentax Optio V10 is balanced with features such as 8.0 effective megapixels, 3X optical zoom and easy operations, all in a slim, lightweight body. By using an exclusive slim battery and making the circuit board smaller, it is possible to realize an ultra-slim body of just 19mm even though featuring large LCD monitor. High quality aluminum alloy is also used for the outer cover, giving the camera a sophisticated texture. The Pentax V10’s 8.0 effective megapixels and high performance Pentax lens realizes to delivers high resolution photos.|
Pentax V10 camera - Monitor|
The new Pentax V10 comes with a high resolution, a 3.0-inch LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 pixels that enables images and the text to be displayed largely and clearly. The LCD monitor has a wide viewing angle of 170 degrees from all directions, making it easy to confirm images, even when looking at the screen diagonally. Digital SR (Shake Reduction) mode automatically adjusts sensitivity, to as high as the ultrahigh sensitivity of ISO 3200 according to the brightness of the subjects.
Pentax Optio V10 compact camera - Portrait photography
Digital SR effectively reduces camera shakes and subject blurring when photographing still images. With fast shutter speeds, photography with reduced blurring is available. The Face Recognition AF&AE function automatically detects and focuses on faces, regardless of where the people appear in the photo frame. So, it allows you to take beautiful photograph of people easily by letting the camera determine the focus and exposure.
Pentax Optio V10 digital camera - Scene and Settings
The Auto Picture mode lets the camera automatically determines the shooting conditions for Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, and Normal modes and choose the optimum settings for each subject. This function eliminates the necessity of making a number of individual settings.
Optio V10 digicam - Zoom and Focal range
The Pentax Optio V10 features a 3X optical zoom lens with a focal range covering angles of view equivalent to those of a 36-108mm lens in 35mm format, which is ideal for a broad spectrum of subjects from landscapes, through memorial photographs, to portraits. Such zooming power can also be combined with 4X digital zoom to achieve a total of approximately 12X zoom capability.
Pentax Optio V10 details
• Mode palette provides quick access to 16 shooting and 13 playback modes
• Record movies with Movie SR function can deliver high quality image rivaling camcorders
• Auto-Macro for close-up photography as near as 10cm while in normal focusing mode
• Auto-tracking AF continuously focusing on a moving subject
• Date imprint function for easier image categorizing
• Calendar Display function allows image retrieval based on the capture mode
• Approximately 52.1MB of built in memory
• FotoNation’s red-eye correction function for flash shots
• Includes the ACDSee for PENTAX 3.0 image viewer/image management
• Software that support Windows Vista
• Support PictBridge, DPOF functions, Exif Print, and PRINT Image Matching III