|Landscape photographer of the year 2007 winners|
Ralf Jurrien : September 19th 2007 - 18:08 CET
Landscape photographer of the year 2007 : An exhibition of over 100 winning and commended entries in the first major ‘Landscape Photographer of the Year’ competition will be held at the National Theatre on London’s South Bank from 15th September. The exhibition is free and will be open from 9.30am to 10.30pm, Monday to Saturday, until 3rd November. With over 20,000 photographs submitted for the competition, selecting the images now on show was no simple task for the distinguished panel of judges. “The standard of entries was incredibly high and the variety of images was simply remarkable,” says Charlie Waite, world-renowned landscape photographer and the man behind this high-profile competition. |
|Landscape photographer - Judging panel|
As well as Charlie himself, the final judging panel included Bill Bryson, best-selling Writer and President of the CPRE; Ben Fogle, TV Presenter & Writer; Janet Ibbotson, Managing Director of the Association of Photographers; Keith Wilson, Founder and Editor of Outdoor Photography magazine; John Langley, Manager of the National Theatre; Monica Allende, The Sunday Times Magazine Picture Editor, and Liz Allen, Picture Library Manager, AA Publishing.
Landscape photography book
Published in conjunction with the competition and exhibition is a lavish book from AA Publishing featuring over 170 of the winning entries which reveal Britain as seen through the eyes of both professional and amateur photographers of all ages. “The book celebrates those entries that the judging panel felt to be the best of an excellent collection of photographs,” explains Charlie, who wrote the foreword for it. The chapters reflect the categories of the competition: Classic View, Living the View, Your View and Phone View. Entries for the ‘Young Landscape Photographer of the Year’ award are also showcased.
Landscape photographer of the year - Prizes
In its first year, the competition, created together with AA Publishing and run in conjunction with The Sunday Times, is attracting considerable attention from those with an interest in photography. With a total prize fund exceeding £20,000, plus the six-week exhibition at the National Theatre, ‘The Landscape Photographer of the Year’ is set to become an important annual competition for photographers of all ages for years to come.
Landscape photographer of the year 2007 - Winners
• Landscape Photographer of the Year 2007 - Jon Gibbs of Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
• Adult Classic View (Winner) - James Callaghan of Leamington Spa, Warwicks
• Adult Classic View (Runner-up) - Ian Cameron of Forres, Moray
• Adult Living the View (Winner) - John Davidson of Warrington, Cheshire
• Adult Living the View (Runner-up) - Paul Sansome of South Wonston, Hants
• Adult Phone View (Winner) - Umit Yelsidag of Broxbourne, Herts
• dult Phone View (Runner-up) - Chris Caine of Chesterfield, Derbys
• Adult Your View (Winner) - Graeme Pollock of Ayr, S Ayrshire
• Adult Your View (Runner-up) - Robert Buchanan Taylor – Newquay, Cornwall
• Young Landscape Photographer of the Year - Liam Leslie of Gourock, Inverclyde
• Youth Classic View winner - Harry Tilsley of Horsham, West Sussex
• Youth Living the View winner - Connor Matheson of Barnsley, S Yorks
• Youth Phone View winner - Ellie Scott of Harpenden, Herts
• Youth Your View winner - Benjamin Turner of Much Wenlock, Shropshire