|Bogen Cafe for college students|
Ralf Jurrien : August 29th 2007 - 15:03 CET
Bogen Cafe for college students : Bogen Imaging is proud to announce a new education program entitled Bogen Cafe. The Cafe is a workshop environment offered to college students that explores imaging topics in actual situations that are rarely discovered within the confines of a classroom. To kick-off each workshop there will be an evening lecture that showcases the work of Steven Katzman, a self-taught photographer, author, and professor of photography at Ringling College of Art and Design (RCAD), Sarasota, FL, one of the top four-year accredited art schools in the country. This highly motivational lecture will be open to the entire student body and the local photographic community. |
Bogen Cafe - Workshop courses|
The next day will be comprised of two workshop courses that have been selected by the college and is open only to the student body. The workshop will be followed up the next day with a program at a participating photographic dealer. The Bogen Cafe is a program that will highlight a special selection of products from Bogen and the program’s sponsors through a menu of scheduled workshop presentations. The daylong workshops emphasize the importance of developing alliances with companies that are defined by their products and customer relationships. The co-sponsors include Hewlett-Packard Company, Hahnemuhle USA, Datacolor, Lensbabies, Adobe, Wacom Technology, and Rangefinder.
Katzman personal photographic journey
Katzman is a living example that corporate sponsorships can enable someone to remain at the forefront of digital technology. His workshops at RCAD have had fruitful results for the faculty, students and the photo department’s digital imaging workflow. Katzman’s first hand knowledge, expertise, and examples are valuable assets for this new program. Never losing sight that the journey is more important than the destination, Bogen Imaging and its co-sponsors are there to provide the photographer with the tools that enable them to concentrate on their creative vision, while Katzman provides first hand experience and examples of his personal photographic journey.
Institutions and their students are at a point where they need to develop an alliance with companies that are defined by their products and customer relationships. Katzman believes that the relationship can continue to be developed, creating new markets in the educational environments, perpetuated by associated resellers and their customer base. With educational workshops at the site of the institutions/resellers, such a relationship will be further strengthened and solidified, enabling students to become users of the Cafe’s sponsors’ products throughout their professional careers.
Bogen Imaging - Workshop Cafe Course
The Bogen Cafe intends to target 20 colleges and 20 dealerships per year for the next four years, beginning August 2007. Anticipating a reach of hundreds of photographers at each location, participating schools will be able to select from the Bogen Imaging Workshop Cafe Course Menu, regarding which specific programs they would like presented. Workshop topics include advanced lighting, location lighting, fine art digital printing, large scale pigment printing, fine printing, Adobe Lightroom, and more.
Bogen Cafe - Bogen Bux Gift
In recognition for achievement, each institution will select an individual scholarship recipient. The scholarship recipient will have a selection of their work profiled on the Cafe website. Each scholarship winner will also receive a stable of equipment donated by the event sponsors, including a $1,000 Bogen Bux Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of Bogen Imaging distributed products; a copy of Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop CS3; a Datacolor Spyder 2 Pro colorimeter; sample packs of Hahnemuhle photo paper; a Lensbabies 3G selective focus SLR lens; and a Wacom Intuos3 tablet (4X6).
Bogen Imaging Cafe Course Menu
• Steven Katzman; Developing a Personal Vision, While Negotiating the Interpretive Portrait, Thursday night’s lecture, and Workshop
• Advanced Lighting; Creative Solutions and Possibilities (Studio)
• Less is More; Location Lighting with Portable Flash Units
• Bend it Baby; Free your Mind and Your Body Will Follow, using the Lens Baby on location.
• Defining the Social Landscape; On location at points of interest using available and portable lighting and edited in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.
• The Digital Darkroom; Up to speed with Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Lightroom.
• The Large-Scale Pigment Print; Creative Solutions using Multiple Captures, Stitching, and Sharpening for Inkjet and Prepress Environment. Including creating ICC profiles for printer.
• Portfolio Review; Shooting Strategies for the Personal Voice, Pre-visualization and Interpretation for creating the Fine Art Portfolio.
Bogen Imaging Cafe - Schedule
• Bogen Cafe Fall Schedule of Confirmed Schools and participating Photo Dealers
• Art Institute of Florida August 23-25 Dale Laboratories
• Daytona Beach Community College September 27-28 Kingston Photo and Studio
• Foothill Community College, Palo Alto October 4-6 Keeble and Shuchat Photography
• Heron School of Art October 11-13 Robert’s Distributors
• Community College of So. Nevada October 18-20 Casey’s Camera
• Art Institute of Chicago October 25-27 Calumet Photographic
• Santa Monica Community College November 1-4 Samy’s Camera
• Austin Community College November 15-17 Precision Camera & Video
• Ohio University November 8-10 Midwest Photo Exchange
Bogen Imaging Inc is a leading distributor of key accessories brands for the photographic, video, cine and lighting production markets. Bogen is an international company within the Imaging Division of the Vitec Group, which owns the following leading international brands: Manfrotto, Gitzo, Kata, National Geographic Bags and Tripods, Avenger, and I.F.F. As the exclusive US distributor of Metz, Gossen, Elinchrom, Lastolite, Reflecmedia, Formatt Filters, Rotatrim and THE pod, Bogen offers the most complete range of exceptional camera and lighting accessories in the business. The Bogen Imaging international network covers the USA, Germany, France, Italy, UK and Japan.