Ralf Jurrien : August 29th 2007 - 15:02 CET
Photoshop CS3 plug-in
Photoshop CS3 plug-in : PictoColor Corporation has released inCamera 4.5 for Photoshop CS3, a new version of it’s acclaimed digital camera and scanner ICC profiling plug-in. This proven digital camera and scanner profiling software features an easy to use interface and a User Guide that explains how to successfully create and use ICC input profiles in Adobe Photoshop. inCamera is designed to help the digital photographer achieve consistent, predictable color with any digital camera or scanner. It employs proven color management technology to describe, with mathematical precision, the unique behavior and color properties of any digital camera or scanner through a process known as profiling. |
PictoColor inCamera 4.5|
Utilizing the GretagMacbeth ColorChecker or the new ColorChecker Semi Gloss (SG) charts for digital cameras, and the HutchColor HCT or IT8 targets or ColorChecker charts for scanners, inCamera evaluates the color data captured by the camera or scanner, compares the data to the known color values of the chart, and creates a custom ICC profile. The profile may then be applied to all images shot or scanned under similar conditions correcting the color distortions of the camera or scanner to produce a color corrected and profiled image ready for use in any project.
Photoshop CS3 - iCorrect EditLab Pro
Even though inCamera makes the color right relative to the known reference standard, we all know that color reproduction is every bit an art as much as it is a science. There may be times when you wish to intervene in the process, providing guidance as to how colors should be handled. This is what profile editing is all about. ICC profiles created with inCamera may be edited to suit your preferences with easy-to-use correction tools in iCorrect EditLab Pro, a companion plug-in to inCamera, also available.
inCamera plug-in for Adobe Photoshop CS3
inCamera can also be used to profile scanners for negative film, heretofore an “untouchable” area of color management, because of the unavailability of targets for negative film. The process, based on the digital camera profiling technology and the ColorChecker charts, is described in the inCamera User Guide, an integrated on-line guide to creating and using input profiles in a Photoshop ICC color managed workflow.
inCamera 4.5 - Features
• Fully Compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS3 Plug-in SDK
• Universal Binary for Macintosh
• Native support for Intel and PowerPC-based Macintosh
• Supports NEW ColorChecker SG: Additional gray scale steps provide accurate balance control
• Supports the HutchColor HCT target from Hutcheson Consulting: Has around twice as many patches as IT8.7/1 & 2 (‘IT8’) targets, a better sampling of dark colors and almost three times as many gray scale steps.
• Custom Light Source Selection for optimizing your profile for your light source: If you are using one of the ColorChecker charts and you have selected a spectral data reference file, you can optimize your profile for your light source
• Provides additional reporting on quality of image of the chart: Noise reporting and Lighting Uniformity reporting
• inCamera may be purchased at PictoColor’s secure on-line store for $199.95
inCamera 4.5 - Compatibility
• Microsoft Windows XP, Vista
• Mac OS X, v 10.2.8 - 10.4.8,
• Photoshop CS2, CS3,
PictoColor is a leading developer of easy-to-use, time-saving photo editing, color correction and color management software including iCorrect OneClick, iCorrect Portrait, iCorrect EditLab Pro, CorrectPhoto and inCamera as well as a resource for related imaging products and services. PictoColor products serve digital photo enthusiasts, professional photographers, photo labs, and online photo services.