|Underwater housing for camcorders|
Ilse Jurriën : August 1st 2007 - 09:35 CET
Universal underwater housing for camcorders : Sealux Universal housing with integrated high-resolving 16:9 color monitor will fill you with enthusiasm. Our 17 years of experience in building underwater housings is reflected in the new underwater housing UNM190 from Sealux. The result is an universal housing with highest flexibility, easy handling, solid and reliable. More than 100 camcorders find a functional and safe housing up to 90 m depth. With minimal dimensions and lightest weight we fulfil the topical requirements. All Sony camcorders can be used which are equipped with a LANC-socket for remote control. The camcorders should not be larger than 190mm, wider than 132mm and higher than 116mm. |
|Camcorder underwater housing - Features|
• Universal underwater housing with large 3.6" 16:9 color monitor
• 10 functions operateable from the handle
• Digital photos and videos are possible in one dive
• Best handle position in the middle of the housing, this means no blurring of pictures
• High flexibility and optimal adjustment of the camcorder on the tripod-plate
• Wide-angle ancillary lenses of best quality also useable over water
• Unique solution for swivelable filter at an universal housing
• The Sealux video system (housing + light system) can be packed in the ultralight transport case
Camcorder underwater housing - Features
The Sealux UNM190 underwater housing is made of seawater proof aluminium, milled of monoblock CNC, hard-anodised and specially seawater resistant sealed. The camcorder is fixed directly on the tripod plate in the rear part. The camcorder underwater housing features a port bayonet of optical glass for neutral colors and is sealed twice with cover. Two quick-action closures with safety lockings will make unintentional opening impossible. Furthermore, a high quality electret microphone records underwater sounds. For easy transport the soft handles are made detachable.
Camcorder underwater housing - LED Control
Via the LED control of the UNM190 underwater housing you can put the camcorder on (green) and you are able to record videos (red). The LED control also indicates if there is no cassette (green blinking) and if the moisture indicator is activated (yellow). The moisture indicator is a special accessory which is sold separately.
Universal underwater housing - 16:9 color monitor
The high resolving color TFT-LCD monitor of the new Sealux underwater housing offers a sharp picture of 3.6" in 16:9 format that is rich in contrast. The monitor automatically switches on/off when the camcorder is set on/off. Due to a viewing angle of 15° to the swimming position and the efficient sunshield you can perfectly watch the picture taking even in shallow water.
Underwater housing - Monitor
• Picture size : 3.6" (92 mm) diagonal
• Display dimensions : 78.2 x 45.8 mm
• Picture ratio : 16:9
• Resolution : 960 x 234 = 224.640 pixel
• Point distance : 0.0815 mm horizontal, 0.196 vertical
• Brightness : 250 cd/m²
• Contrast : 350:1
• Video Input : PAL or NTSC
• Operation voltage : 12V
• Electricity supply : 10 NiMH accumulators 2.3 Ah
• Operation time : 4 hours
• Monitor connection cable : Pawl, Chinch, 10 polar
Underwater housing for camcorders - Assembly bar
The assembly bar is designed for optimal adjustment of the camcorder. Diagonal adjustment by long slots for the tripod screw and adjustment alongside – by adjusting the assembly bar to the rearside. With that you can get an adjustment without steps. This is only possible with Sealux Universal underwater housings. The large useable width of 132mm offers enough room for the hand loop and the monitor connection - advantages which can lightly be overlooked. A silicone plate with tripod screw secure the camcorder.
Universal camcorder housing - Push-button control
The proven RX5 control via Remote-Lanc socket enables you to call up to ten functions by pushing the buttons. Due to the arrangement of the operating keys directly on the housing the handle support can be dismounted for transport. The ergonomic arrangement of the buttons allows good operation with gloves directly from the handle. No risk of blurring the picture.
Universal camcorder underwater housing - Special accessories
• The UW-Color correcting filter (URPRO) for blue water can be swivelled to the front and is detachable for the transport. No risk of losing the filter. A Sealux solution without compromises.
• The Super wide-angle HD-5050 PRO ancillary lens with factor 0.5 offers a doubling of the picture. It is fully zoomable and is screwed directly onto the camcorder by means of the adapter rings. 6 adapter rings with threads of 27; 30; 30.5; 37; 43 are included in the price. The wide-angle ancillary is 36mm long.
• Aspherical wide-angle ancillary lens with a factor of 0.5 can be zoomed up to threefold, needs only 11mm length and is clipsable in the area from 27mm to 37mm.
• Close-up lenses are meant for macro field, during the night we recommend the close-up 1 to 3.
• The Moisture indicator are acoustic, optical, controls the well-being of the camcorder.
• With the stabilising wing you can fix the Sealux light systems.
• The transport case with a minimal weight of only 2.6kg allows the storing of the complete video system. The dimensions of only 500 x 390 x 190mm allow to be carried as hand luggage.
Dimensions & Weights
• Dimensions : 311mm x 226mm x 159mm
• Weight : 4250g
• Tested depth : 90m
• Guarantee : 2 years