|Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd|
Ralf Jurrien : July 26th 2007 - 10:20 CET
Fujifilm FinePix S800fd camera : Fujifilm is bringing the wide-angle, long zoom technology to the consumer market with the Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd. The 8-MegaPixel, SLR-styled camera features one of the largest optical zooms on a fixed-lens camera in the industry, and introduces Fujifilm's latest 'Dual Image Stabilization,' plus ISO settings of up to ISO6400 (at 50% resolution) - all features you would expect in a high-end digital camera, but at a price point consumers can afford. The Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd comes equipped with Fujinon's 18x Wide Angle Optical Zoom lens, offering unprecedented flexibility in a compact SLR body style camera. The Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd will debut in September 2007 at a retail price of $399.95.|
Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd camera |
With a 27mm-486mm equivalent, it's all the lens you need in one device. The fixed lens eliminates the need for additional zoom or wide angle lenses, and it's a sealed system, which prevents dust contamination - the #1 D-SLR repair complaint. The Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd also features a full-resolution ISO equivalency of ISO 1600, a rarity in consumer-level digicams. The Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd can achieve ISO 3200 and ISO 6400 at 50% resolution, settings that are rare at the consumer level. Such high light sensitivities allow for faster shutter speeds, which reduce blurring caused by both camera shake and subject movement.
Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd - Dual Image Stabilization
To offer the best of both worlds where image stabilization is concerned, the Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd uses 'Dual Image Stabilization'; a brand new combination of mechanical sensor shift stabilization with Fujifilm's Picture Stabilization Technology which utilizes a combination of higher ISO levels and faster shutter speeds. This 'Dual Image Stabilization' steadies the photographer's hand, and protects against camera shake and subject movement for total anti-blur protection. As a result, an increase in clarity and sharpness is achieved, even in low light conditions or when shooting moving subjects.
Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd - Face Detection Technology
The Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd features Fujifilm's Face Detection technology, identifying up to 10 faces in a framed scene. Once faces are identified and prioritized, the Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd adjusts its focus and exposure accordingly to ensure the sharpness and clarity of human subjects in the picture, regardless of background. Face Detection technology on the Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd also includes a new Automatic Red Eye Removal feature. Red eye is a common complaint given by 60% of digital camera users. In this mode, the camera instantly checks each detected fact for red eye, and if it's found, corrects it automatically, saving the time consuming process of fixing it in your PC after the image is downloaded.
Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd - Features
• i-Flash Intelligent Flash: i-Flash (Intelligent Flash) detects subtle lighting differences within a scene and then varies the flash intensity accordingly. It also leverages the high sensitivity of the Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd to enable the camera to use less flash, resulting in an image that displays pleasing, natural tones without a "washed-out" effect. And with an automatic pop-up flash, it's always ready when you need it.
• Full Manual Photographic Control: Gives the user total control with manual adjustment options for settings on the camera (resolution, ISO, aperture, shutter speed, etc), and is desirable by the photo enthusiasts/advanced photographers.
• Movie Mode: Capture VGA quality action clips in 640x480 resolution at 30 fps with sound. Great for when you're out and you don't have your video camera on-hand.
• Scene modes: A wide range of more than a dozen pre-programmed scene modes provides top-quality photos in a range of shooting conditions.
• High-Speed Continuous Shooting Modes: Action comes at you fast. With four speed options, the Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd has the ability to capture up to 15 frames per second (at 2 MP resolution) and never misses the shot.
• High Resolution LCD: The 2.5" LCD display offers 230k pixels of resolution with an astonishing 60 fps refresh rate for smooth viewing.
• Electronic Viewfinder (EVF): Rather than framing your shots with the 2.5" high resolution LCD, the S8000fd offers an electronic viewfinder to eye up the best shot with an astonishing 60 fps refresh rate for smooth viewing.
• xD / SD / SD-HC Compatible slot: A new single media slot accepts not only Fujifilm's traditional xD-Picture Cards but also Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity (SD-HC) cards too.
• Operates on 4xAA Batteries: The ultimate in convenience and accessibility, using AA batteries means in a pinch, more batteries are just moments away.
Fujifilm S8000fd - Fujinon 18x Wide Angle Optical Zoom lens
"With the Fujifilm FinePix S8000 fd, Fujifilm is bringing its heritage in photography and industry leading technology to its customers by offering them incredible optical zoom and ISO levels in a camera priced at a level they can afford," said David Troy, Senior Product Manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division,Fujifilm USA, Inc. "By styling advanced DSLR features in a compact, easy to use digicam, we're offering users the tools to capture photos you would swear were captured by a pro." The FinePix S8000fd will debut in September 2007 at a retail price of $399.95.
Fujifilm brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries including medical, life sciences, consumer electronic, chemical, graphic arts, information systems, photography and office products based on its vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company provides products and services that contribute to the advancement of culture, science, technology and industry, as well as to improved health and environmental protection. It is the global leader in digital minilabs; Computed Radiography systems; ink dyes, pigments and UV inks for inkjet printers and materials used in the production of flat panel displays. It was ranked number 15 for US patents granted in 2006, employs more than 75,000 people worldwide and in the year ended March 31, 2007, had global revenues of $23.6 billion.