Mark Peters : July 20th 2007 - 12:32 CET
Epson large format printers
Epson large format printers : Epson launches three new large format, eight-colour professional production printers. They are the 17" (A2+) Epson Stylus Pro 4880, 24" (A1+) Stylus Pro 7880 and 44" (B0+) Stylus Pro 9880. Each features Epson UltraChrome K3 ink with Vivid Magenta technology, the latest development in pigment chemistry, which offers a wide colour gamut and unrivalled image quality from an 8-colour inkset. Epson's new large format range provides the highest quality output that is required for the fine art, photography and proofing markets. A new Ethernet interface is included as standard and delivers fast, efficient connectivity and data transfer speeds. Epson large format printers are available from September 2007.|
Epson large format printers|
The new improved printhead further enhances image quality and when combined with Epson's Super Halftone Technology, a new screening algorithm, it delivers sharp detail and accurate colour reproduction. The Epson large format printer range offers superior media flexibility and is compatible with a wide range of Epson paper up to 1.5mm in thickness. Glossy paper, matte paper, matte board, fine art paper and plain paper are all supported. The Epson Stylus Pro 4880, 7880 and Stylus Pro 9880 include a roll holder and cut sheet support, as standard. The Epson Stylus Pro 4880 also features a paper cassette feed mechanism for high-volume production on cut sheet paper from A4 (Letter) to 17" (A2+) wide. Also new is an enhanced cutting sequence delivering a faster and more productive printing workflow.
Epson UltraChrome K3
The UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta further expands the already wide colour gamut of UltraChrome K3 and is a breakthrough in pigment chemistry. The full inkset includes nine ink cartridges: photo black, matte black, light black, light light black, cyan, light cyan, yellow, vivid magenta and vivid light magenta. The two magenta inks use new high-density pigments that create more vibrant colour, especially blues and magenta, for example those found in seascapes or landscapes. The UltraChrome K3 ink with Vivid Magenta, enables superb grey balance and precise colour without any colour cast. It also maintains the superior features of the UltraChrome K3 ink such as great colour accuracy of neutral and dark colours, excellent short-term colour stability and smooth tonal gradation from shadow to light. The issue of metamerism is virtually eliminated with this new inkset.
Epson Micro Piezo printhead
The permanent Epson Micro Piezo printhead also offers unrivalled consistency in each print. Every print will be the same as the first, even if the artwork is printed months apart, making it ideal for studios producing limited edition print runs.
Epson Super Halftone technology
Also included is the Epson Super Halftone technology, a new image processing engine for dot mapping. It enhances the image detail that may be lost in low resolution images. A new mapping algorithm reduces the graininess at both low and high resolution. The end result delivers smooth images with more accurate colour representation.
Epson Stylus Pro series
Martin Johns, Business Manager Pro Graphics Epson UK, says, "The Epson Stylus Pro series incorporates Epson's latest print production technologies, delivering output that surpasses any other large format inkjet printers on the market. These latest innovations are the result of significant research and development to refine and advance the print production process to provide professionals with the highest quality prints. Epson has established a strong reputation for providing superior products that professionals can rely on to continually perform. This is why we remain the choice of professionals in the proofing, fine art, photography and graphic design markets."
Epson Stylus Pro series key features
• Consistent output with Epson Micro Piezo printhead technology
• High-density Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology
• Image processing with Epson Super Halftone Screening Technology
• Maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi
• Individual high-capacity ink cartridges - 110ml or 220ml
• Professional handling at a width of 44", 24" or 17" in roll and cut sheet mode
• BorderFree roll printing from 8" up to 44" wide
• Print on media up to 1.5 mm thick poster board
• Built-in automatic media cutting system
• High-performance print engine speeds
• Standard USB 2.0 and 10/100 Ethernet interface
• User-friendly back lit LCD control panel
• MyEpson Printer network compatible
• Pressurised ink cartridge technology for Stylus Pro 7880 and Stylus Pro 9880
• Cassette feed mechanism for Stylus Pro 4880
• Optional take-up unit for Stylus Pro 9880
• Epson Stylus Pro 9880 (B0+) RRP excluding VAT £4495
• Epson Stylus Pro 7880 (A1+) RRP excluding VAT £2395
• Epson Stylus Pro 4880 (A2+) RRP excluding VAT £1495