Dennis Hissink : June 28th 2007 - 15:15 CET updated
Pentax K100D Super
Pentax K100D Super : Pentax announced the Pentax K100D Super digital SLR with innovative features usually found on more advanced, higher-priced cameras. The newest member of the K Series of digital SLRs combines the Pentax Shake Reduction (SR) system, an innovative Dust Removal (DR) system, and full compatibility with Pentax SDM lenses. The Pentax K100D Super builds on the popular Pentax K100D that first shipped in July 2006. Incorporating the Pentax -original Dust Removal (DR) system previously available only in more advanced models, Pentax takes entry-level SLR users to the next level with the new K100D Super DSLR. A Pentax -original design, the Dust Removal system helps keep the CCD surface dust-free to ensure spotless images. |
|Pentax K100D Super SLR - Lenses|
The new Pentax digital SLR also offers full compatibility with Pentax SDM lenses. Together, these features upgrade the K100D Super to a technologically advanced SLR at a very affordable price. Compatible with any Pentax SLR lens ever produced, (With adapter for screw mount and 645/67 lenses) Pentax K100D Super offers a large 2.5 inch LCD monitor with 210,000 pixel resolution and a friendly Mode Dial featuring Auto Picture and Picture modes as well as new Scene modes for even simpler photography.
Pentax K100 Super SLR camera - Resolution and SLR photography
The 6.1 Megapixel APS-C size CCD, 11-point auto focus mechanism, and sophisticated 16 segment multi-pattern metering delivers outstanding image reproduction, while the bright, high-precision Penta mirror viewfinder features a 96% field of view and 0.85X magnification. With this array of advanced features and an easy-to-hold, easy-to-use design, the K100D Super delivers high-quality digital SLR photography to users of all levels including SLR beginners.
Pentax K100D Super DSLR - Flash system
Along with the SLR, Pentax has announced a new compact, easy-to-use Pentax AF200FG Auto Flash. The hot-shoe mount flash features a compact, lightweight body, a guide number of 20 (at ISO 100/m) and simple dial operation to assure effortless flash photography for everyone. The P-TTL auto flash system assures proper exposure level by measuring the flash’s pre-discharge with the camera’s multi-pattern metering system. The Pentax AF200FG uniformly covers the wide discharge angle of a 28mm lens (in the 35mm format) and includes a flip-down diffuser that can cover the angle of a 24mm lens (in the 35mm format).
Pentax AF200FG Auto Flash fact sheet
• Guide Number: 20 max. (at ISO100/m).
• Manual setting: Full, 28 max. (at ISO200/m). Manual Setting: Full
• Discharge angle: 70 horizontally (78 with wide-angle panel)
• Discharge angle, 53 vertically (60 with wide-angle panel)
• Focal-length coverage: covering angles of view for 28mm lenses (in 35mm format)
• 24mm angle view covered with wide-angle panel
• Flash interval: 4-second interval,
• Battery life: Approx. approx. 300 full-level discharges (with alkaline batteries)
• Flash range (in P-TTL, TTL modes): film speed range: ISO100-ISO1600; Illumination range: 0.7m-3.6m (at G.N.20, ISO100, F5.6); Illumination range: 0.7m-5.0m (at G.N.28, ISO200, F5.6)
• Flash exposure compensation: -0.5Ev, -1Ev
• Power source: 4 AA-size alkaline batteries; 4 AA-size lithium batteries; 4 AA-size Ni-MH batteries
• Flash modes: P-TTL modes (TTL corrective auto flash, contrast-control auto flash); TTL modes (TTL auto flash); M modes (manual, Full)
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 68mm x 83.5mm x 93mm (2.7” x 3.3” x 3.7”)
• Weight: 190g (6.8 oz) without batteries
Pentax Imaging Company is an innovative leader in the production of digital SLR and compact cameras, lenses, flash units, binoculars, scopes, eyepieces and mobile printers and scanners. For more than 80 years, Pentax technology has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of consumers and businesses. With headquarters in Golden, Colorado, Pentax Imaging Company is a division of Pentax of America, Inc.