|Epson PowerLite S5 multimedia projector|
Ralf Jurrien : June 28th 2007 - 11:02 CET
Epson PowerLite S5 multimedia projector : Epson America, Inc. announced the feature-rich Epson PowerLite S5 multimedia projector, offering SVGA resolution and 2,000 ANSI lumens at an attractive price point of $649 (estimated street price) for brilliant presentations in almost any environment. Engineered by Epson, the number-one selling brand of front projectors worldwide, the versatile Epson PowerLite S5 weighs 5.8 pounds and offers a range of features and great performance, including HDTV support, to accommodate business or educational needs during the day as well as home entertainment needs such as movies and gaming in the evening. The Epson PowerLite S5 is currently available through national retailers. |
Epson PowerLite S5 - 3LCD technology|
"The PowerLite S5 brings versatility, power and affordability to entrepreneurs, educators and business professionals alike," said Heather Litus, A/V product manager, Epson America, Inc. "Presenters will benefit from the ease-of-use, flexibility and industry-leading image quality and performance that are inherent in Epson's award-winning projectors and 3LCD technology."
Epson multimedia projector
Bringing unmatched flexibility and performance at an outstanding value, the PowerLite S5 is the ideal solution for a range of industries and applications. Sales professionals can deliver powerful presentations in almost any lighting condition with 2,000 ANSI lumens. And, with Epson's latest generation of high aperture 3LCD (three-chip) technology for sharp, more intense images, users are able to project with vivid color reproduction and detail. For added versatility, the projector features a high brightness "Game" Mode and can be plugged directly into a gaming console for an enhanced gaming experience.
Epson PowerLite S5 projector - Features
• Instant On and Instant Off - Enables presenters to be up and running in only five seconds between pressing the "Power" button and the appearance of the start-up screen to avoid delays at the beginning of a presentation; powers down in four seconds enabling presenters to unplug and pack up immediately and safely without a cool-down period
• A/V Mute Slide - Instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation; the projector enters A/V Mute mode when the lens cover is closed and returns to normal mode automatically upon reopening the lens cover
• Supports HDTV - Enables presenters to show high-definition materials with remarkable clarity and detail to captivate the attention of the audience; supports HDTV (720p, 1080i)
• Flexible Positioning - Features 1.3x digital zoom to project a large and clear image from short and long throw distances for greater positioning flexibility
• Energy Efficiency - Features Epson E-TORL lamp technology which allows the projector to achieve more efficiency by projecting more lumens (brightness) per watt with and relatively lower overall power consumption than competitive models; this technology also allows the lamp to last up to 4,000 hours for added cost savings
• Security Convenience - Includes a convenient anchor bar for added security in any environment
Epson 3LCD technology - Benefits
Epson's new PowerLite S5 uses the latest generation of high-aperture Epson 3LCD technology, featuring a three-chip engine that delivers natural color and more intense, sharper images. The solid-state optical engine works without a moving color wheel, resulting in exact color reproduction, and detailed video and data images that are crisp and rainbow-free with full time color.
Epson PowerLite S5 multimedia projector - Availability & Support
The Epson PowerLite S5 is currently available through national retailers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and PC resellers. Epson's PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty that includes three elite technical support services - two-year Epson PrivateLine(TM) availability, two-year Road Service Program and two-year International Warranty. Through the PrivateLine, projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product.
About Epson America
Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning image capture and image output products for the consumer, business, photography and graphic arts markets. The company is also a leading supplier of value-added point-of-sale (POS) printers and transactions terminals for the retail market. Founded in 1975, Epson America, Inc. is the US affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. Epson America, Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif.