|MobileLite USB reader from Kingston|
Ralf Jurrien : May 13th 2007 - 23:56 CET
MobileLite USB reader from Kingston : Kingston Technology announced the launch of MobileLite: a 9-in-1 USB card reader that helps mobile consumers navigate multiple expansion memory card formats, digital cameras, PCs and portable media devices. Three Secure Digital Flash memory card bundles join the MobileLite release: a 1GB standard SD card combo pack is available now and 1GB microSD and 2GB SD bundles will follow later this quarter. “There are so many Flash memory card formats currently used by different digital devices that the Kingston MobileLite will be a welcome tool that simplifies managing digital content between one’s cell phone, digital camera, PC and MP3 player,” said Wendy Lecot, Flash marketing manager, Kingston. |
MobileLite USB reader|
Wendy Lecot added: “With nine different card reading options, MobileLite makes moving and accessing music, video, image and data files between cards and devices quick and easy - via one convenient reader,” continued Lecot. The new MobileLite USB Reader works with nine different memory card formats: microSD; miniSD; full-size Secure Digital; SDHC; MMCmicro; MMCmobile, RS-MMC; MMCplus and full-size MMC. When in use, MobileLite appears as three drive letters (for example G:, H: and I:) and data transfer is as simple as drag and drop.
Kingston MobileLite card reader - Price
• MobileLite 9-in-1 Card Reader - $ 8.99
• MobileLite Card Reader with 1GB SD Card Bundle - $ 22.99
• MobileLite Card Reader plus 2GB SD Card Bundle - $ 34.99
•MobileLite Card Reader plus 1GB microSD Card Bundle - $ 23.99
MobileLite USB reader - Specifications
• Dimensions: 3.04” x 1.16” x 0.60” / 77.3mm x 29.5mm x 15.3mm
• Speed Rating(a): Up to 9MB/sec read; 4MB/sec write
• Compliant Standards: USB 2.0, SD 2.00, SDHC and MMC 4.1
• Weight: 0.046 lbs. / 21g
• Operating Temperature: 32° to 140°F / 0° to 60°C
• Storage Temperature: -40° to 185°F / -40° to 85°C
• Compatibility: Windows Vista, XP, 2000; Mac OS; Linux.
• Guarantee: Two-year warranty on MobileLite reader; lifetime on SD cards.
About Kingston Technology Company
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Malaysia, Taiwan, China and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Europe, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, China, and Latin America.