|Extremely rugged USB 2.0 flash drive|
Ralf Jurrien : May 1st 2007 - 18:51 CET
Extremely rugged USB 2.0 flash drive : Corsair, a worldwide leader in high performance computer and flash memory products, unveiled the extremely rugged line of USB 2.0 flash drives - Corsair Flash Survivor. Designed and engineered to be the industry’s toughest USB drive, Flash Survivor is water-resistant, CNC-milled aluminum encased, and shock-proof to safely store user’s information and files in the most demanding environments. Offering unique features and the best price/performance solution in the market - Flash Survivor is immediately available in two variations: The Corsair Flash Survivor GT 8GB -$129.99 USD MSRP and the Corsair Flash Survivor 4GB - $59.99 USD MSRP. |
Corsair Flash Survivor|
“Corsair has built the Flash Survivor family specifically for customers with a ‘Bring It On!’ attitude - for someone who doesn’t want to worry if his/her equipment can stand up to the active lifestyle they lead,” said Jack Peterson, VP of Marketing at Corsair. “Storing your valuable information on a USB flash drive capable of weathering the storm of everyday life while ensuring your data is safe - that is what Flash Survivor is all about,” continued Peterson.
Corsair Flash Survivor - Features
• Water Resistant to 200 Meters (650 Feet) / 20 Atmospheres
• Sealed with an EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) waterproof seal, Flash Survivor is designed to provide 200 meters of water resistant durability. During these tests, no leaking or compromised integrity of the data on the drive was found.
• Shock Proof - Triple Point Protection
Flash Survivor features against shock and impact
• Encased in CNC milled aluminum (as found in aircraft part production) ensures consistency in material quality, thereby guaranteeing the drive’s toughness.
• Additional protection from shock and vibration is achieved through the use of rubber molded collar shielding. When dropped, the durable rubber absorbs the impact force to prevent damage to the inner drive and the USB connector.
• Engineered outer metal tube with two end caps provides enforcement to the hollow tube and prevents it from collapsing when abused.
• 5 Times faster than other drives (GT version).
• Pre-loaded with a security application with 256bit AES encryption, the most secure encryption algorithms available.
Corsair USB 2.0 flash drive - Performance driven
Built to Corsair’s legendary quality and reliability standards, each Flash Survivor drive delivers sustained read/write performance up to 34MB/sec and 28MB/sec respectively. Engineered with highly screened NAND flash and an advanced memory controller, the new Flash Survivor drive features enhanced dual channel and interleave memory technologies. This means lightning-fast file transfer - up to 5 times faster than typical USB drives. Guaranteed!
Corsair Flash Survivor GT 8GB - Price & Availability
The Flash Survivor family of USB drives is pre-loaded with a security application that allows users to create a hidden, password-protected partition on the drive. The password is encrypted with 256bit AES encryption, the most secure encryption algorithms available. The Corsair Flash Survivor GT 8GB and Flash Survivor 4GB are available immediately through Corsair’s authorized distributors, resellers, retailers and e-tailers worldwide, priced at $129.99 USD MSRP and $59.99 USD MSRP respectively. All products are backed by a 10-year Limited Warranty complete with customer support via telephone, email, forum and TechSupport Xpress troubleshooting guide.
Corsair, Inc. has earned a reputation as being the first to market performance leader with cutting-edge products for the PC enthusiasts. Corsair supplies DRAM Memory, Flash Memory, Power Supplies and Water-cooling solutions for high-performance gaming systems, mission critical servers and portable notebooks. Performance, Reliability and Innovation - It is Corsair.