DxO Optics Pro v4.2 - Features|
But without spending considerable time on each image, such an approach can quickly lead to overstated and unsatisfactory results. Developed by DxO Labs, SmartVibrancy overcomes this difficulty by acting selectively on different colors thus preserving key values such as skin-tones. Increasing SmartVibrancy in DxO Optics Pro v4.2 enables photographers to:
• Give more zest and visual energy to images that are otherwise too dull.
• Reduce the effect of atmospheric haze which often makes images seem “flat”.
• Deepen skies and produce more creative and appealing impressions without incurring exaggerated color shifts, especially on skin-tones.
DxO Optics Pro v4.2 - SmartVibrancy
SmartVibrancy can also be decreased to rescue images where the original displays over-saturation, especially of faces and other skin-tones. In addition, DxO Optics Pro v4.2 has become web-enabled thanks to a free plug-in allowing automatic login, tagging and uploading of processed images to the widely popular Flickr photo-sharing website. The whole process of sharing DxO processed photos on the World Wide Web thus becomes easier, faster and smoother.
DxO Optics Pro v4 - Microsoft Windows Vista
Version 4.2 of DxO Optics Pro also brings full compatibility with the Windows Vista operating system. Finally a number of user interface improvements in particular for the perspective correction tools have been implemented in version 4.2 and the precision available when making geometric adjustments has been increased. These can now be made in increments of 1/100th of one degree.
DxO Optics Pro version 4.2 - Price & Availability
DxO Optics Pro v4.2 is available immediately from the DxO Labs e-store as well as from selected distributors and resellers worldwide. Version 4.2 is a free upgrade for all owners of DxO Optics Pro v4.0 or later. Pricing of full versions of DxO Optics Pro v4.2 remains unchanged:
• DxO Optics Pro v4 Starter: $79
• DxO Optics Pro v4 Standard: $149
• DxO Optics Pro v4 Elite: $299
DxO Optics Pro v4.2 - System requirements
DxO Optics Pro 4.2 is available for Windows 2000, XP or Vista as well as for Apple Macintosh OSX 3.9 or later. On Apple Macintosh, DxO Optics Pro 4.2 is available as a universal binary and optimized for Intel-Mac processors.
About DxO Labs
DxO Labs offers products and solutions ensuring excellence in digital imaging. DxO Labs develops and licenses intellectual property serving the entire digital imaging chain: licensing of optics and silicon architectures for embedded still and video image processing; image quality evaluation and measurement tools and methodologies; image quality enhancement software for consumers. The company’s key customers and partners include:
• Consumer electronics manufacturers such as digital camera vendors.
• Imaging components suppliers: camera module manufacturers and sensor vendors.
• Demanding photographers, as well as photography journalists and imaging experts.
• DxO Labs’ product portfolio is steadily finding a place at the heart of advanced consumer electronics and world-class industry imaging systems where “Image Science by DxO” becomes a reference for quality.