|Nikon Coolpix S50|
Ilse Jurriën : February 20th 2007 - 05:00 CET
Nikon Coolpix S50 digital camera : Consistent performance has earned Nikon the reputation for being the pioneer of state-of-the-art photographic technology. The Nikon Coolpix S50 model is the next stage in this legacy, combining exciting features with chic good looks. Excellent image quality is guaranteed by an impressive 38-114mm Zoom-Nikkor lens and 7.2 effective megapixels of resolution. The Nikon Coolpix S50 is able to capture the finest detail, whether the subject is a close-in portrait or a broad vista, making the experience of photography a joy for the camera user. The Vibration Reduction function is able to compensate for camera shake and poor lighting, delivering beautifully clear pictures even in unsteady or dark conditions.|
Manipulate images in-camera|
The light sensitivity of up to ISO 1600 also liberates the photographer, making it possible to explore opportunities in new conditions that would be too dark to capture with other models. Packaged within the Coolpix S50, three unique Nikon innovations make it possible to manipulate the images in-camera, enabling amateurs to achieve results that a professional would be proud of. Face-priority AF detects people’s faces to achieve sharp focus on them, no matter where they happen to be located in the frame; In-Camera Red-Eye Fix tackles this annoying effect by providing automatic compensation for more flattering, natural-looking portraits in low light. Finally, Nikon’s unique D-Lighting function improves underexposed images or shots taken with too much back-light, leaving well-exposed areas untouched.
Nikon S50 - 3.0-inch wide-angle LCD monitor
The incredible results achieved by the Coolpix S50 can be immediately appreciated on the impressive 3.0-inch wide-angle LCD monitor. This large screen also provides an excellent platform for the Pictmotion function, which allows users to select and combine their favourite movies, images and graphics, enabling them to create and share media in a dynamic, innovative way.
Nikon Coolpix S50 - PictureProject software
Nikon’s exclusive PictureProject software allows the user to further manipulate images once they have been uploaded onto a computer. This is an easy-to-use program, which makes it a joy to edit, organise, transfer and share the beautiful photographs achieved with the Coolpix S50.
Nikon Coolpix S50 - Slim, stylish design
An eye-catching wave-surface design sets the Coolpix S50 apart from the competition. Featuring smooth curves and a beautiful finish, the design blends operational ease with elegant sophistication. The Nikon Coolpix S50 is available in Gloss Silver, Matte Black and Gloss Beige.
Nikon S50 - VR image stabilization
The Coolpix S50 features an especially compact built-in “right-angle” optical VR 3x Zoom-Nikkor lens. Offering a pleasing 38-114mm range (35mm equivalent), they not only deliver great compositional freedom, but also overcome the effects of camera shake to produce clearer, sharper images. Whenever the power is switched on, the image appears stabilized on the large LCD monitor until the moment the shutter is pressed. And the system is so effective, it’s like shooting at a shutter speed three stops faster. The Nikon Coolpix S50 will be exclusively available at DSG International PLC.
Nikon Coolpix S50 - Other Features
• Light weight with highly compact dimensions
• Anti-Shake mode activates VR, High-Sensitivity mode and BSS to overcome camera shake, subject movement
• High-Sensitivity mode optimizes light sensitivity to minimize blur
• Improved GUI works with Rotary multi selector for easier operation
• Choice of 15 Scene modes
• Selection of movie recording modes
• SDHC card compatibility
• Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery EN-EL8 delivers high performance in a compact package
• Stop-motion function lets anyone create their own animated films
• List-by-date function, Calendar function make it easy to locate a recorded image
• Hi-Speed USB connectivity enables swift data transfer to computers and other peripherals
• BSS (Best Shot Selector) identifies and saves the sharpest image automatically from ten sequential shots
• Macro shooting enables shooting from as close as 4cm (1.6 in.)
• Menu available in a choice of 20 languages
• Approx. 13MB of internal memory
• Auto image rotation orients images for easy LCD display
• 4x digital zoom extends compositional freedom
• PictBridge and ImageLink support