Olympus FE 230 digital camera|
Handling is genuinely intuitive, with the camera incorporating a “one button, one function” design principle. A mode dial lets users conveniently choose between the camera’s eight different shooting programmes, which include High ISO Setting mode with ISO 1250, Super Macro and a movie recording function with sound. Ideal for snapshooters, 18 preset scene modes are on board. These include special Underwater modes which, in conjunction with the optionally-available Underwater Case for waterproof protection up to 40m depth, give you the freedom to take fun shots well below the water’s surface. And to make it easy on all European users, the camera has 25 languages on board.
Olympus FE-230 camera - Availability
An xD-Picture Card slot and the internal memory make for plenty of storage space to enable long-lasting shooting experiences. Furthermore, the included Olympus Master software means that editing and archiving pictures on the computer is refreshingly uncomplicated. The ultra-slim Olympus FE-230 offers great quality at a low price and will be available from February 2007.
Olympus FE-230 - Features
• 7.1 Megapixels in a stainless metal body
• Only 16.5mm slim
• 3x optical zoom (equiv. to 38-114mm on a 35mm model), 1:3.1-5.9
• 6.4cm/2.5” LCD
• Super Macro mode from 5cm
• “One button, one function” design principle
• 18 scene modes (including Underwater Wide and Macro)
• High ISO Setting mode (ISO 1250)
• Internal memory plus xD-Picture Card slot
• Movie recording with sound up to card capacity
• TruePic TURBO
• Supplied with Olympus Master software + LI-42B lithium ion battery
• Multi-language menu with 25 languages
• Underwater case (40m) PT-038 optionally available
Olympus FE 230 digital camera - TruePic Turbo
Controlling the camera becomes child’s play. All essential functions like shooting, playback and viewing on the LCD, as well as erasing, are easily activated via a single button. A special shooting mode, where the camera automatically increases ISO sensitivity to allow shorter shutter speeds – which helps to avoid image blur caused by camera shake or by fast-moving objects.Developed by Olympus, the TruePic Turbo image processor automatically enhances important aspects of image quality: colour reproduction (colour range, saturation and brightness), picture sharpness, as well as processing speed.